Find
Notify
Tools

Lock & Lock
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
OK This should be categorized under Mr. Mom.

What do you store your empties in. coffee can? mayo jars, original boxes?

I was looking for some clear square or rectangle boxes with lids and I found these. Lock & Lock boxes.

http://www.organize.com/lolofostco.html

Posts: 6405 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the stackable GladWare. Almost the same thing!

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use plastic jars with screw on lids. Peanut butter, doggie treats, mixed nuts, or any plastic jar with a screw on lid. My brass storage is on open shelving, so a variety of sizes doesn't bother me. It really helps that my daughter has three dogs!
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I use a bit of everything, from plastic 50 round boxes to factory paper boxes. I like to put my loaded rounds in Mid-Way paper boxes with my own labels on them.

But.....for brass storage

Zip-lock bags are by far the most used in my shop. I then write my info on the bag so I can remember what-was-what. I then toss it all in big Rubbermaid bins.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything I can find. I save plastic jars that have a good height-to-diameter ratio-- short and fat (like me) is preferred over tall and skinny. I include a slip of paper in each so I know what I have, because some are fully-processed (ready to load) and others may have been sized, but not trimmed, et cetera.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I use the Rubber Maid shoe boxes. They are good for some of the shooting quantities of brass to have handy to reload.

1 gallon zip lock bags in plastic milk crates for any sizable amount of brass. 5 gallon buckets for 223 and 9mm pistol brass.

Wally world does not have the Rubber Maid brand any more, and he replacement brand is barely acceptable. Probably fine, but Rubber Maid was so much better.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4232 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antelope Sniper:
I use the stackable GladWare. Almost the same thing!

tu2 X2 but nothing round as it is a waste of shelf space. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Ted on the Zip Locks, but I even keep loaded in them. I tried the 50 Rd. boxes but found they take up to much space. I drive an SUV, and they seem to rattle a lot. I put 100 rds. to a baggie, and lable each as to contents. When going to shoot I put in an ice chest, so as to keep at an even temp, and the empties go in a GI ammo box still in the baggie. When I get home I load, they do not stay empty very long. I only have 3 or 4K of extra brass and I store in cardboard boxes so they are easy to stack.

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
I use the buckets that had litty litter in them. 40 pounds of kitty litter is about a 5 gallon bucket.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i use all kinds of stuff the best i have found is season containers. we boil crawfish down here and use alot of season. a good weekend we may end up with from 2-5 plastic containers that are about 1 gallon capacity with large screw on tops. i also work in a chemical plant so i have some plastic sample bottles that the various range pickup and bulk projectiles go in. oh and plenty of ziplocs.

most of the stuff i load is just plinking stuff that i load by the 1k so i have one ammo can for 9mm that i just dump all of the bullets in since i load all to the same specs same for 223. my rifle loads will be going back in original boxes or the plastic ammo boxes though.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I ordered 24 of the 6"x6" Lock & Lock containers with 3 different heights. Next is some sort of shelves so I can get at the stuff easily. I'm probably gonna use 2x6 with 30" shelves, floor to ceiling( basement). Should be able to hold 28 of the tallest container.

Rich

Posts: 6405 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Akro Bins of Various sizes, usually the biggest one Dillon sells.

If I have a fair amount in one caliber I use 3 1/2 gallon square buckets with lids.

I have four of the square buckets full of .308 Win and the same for 5.56.

The bigger cases make for a lighter bucket. My buckets of 375 H&H and 416 Rem Mag are much lighter than the same container filled with 5.56 cases.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote