Find
Notify
Tools

Norma 286gn Plastic Points
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tez338
posted
Just picked up 3 boxes of these 286gner's for my 9.3x62.
Muzzle E=3532ft/lbs,100=2908,200=2375,300=1924
Muzzle V=2362fps,100=2143,200=1937,300=1743

Anyone used them,& how did they perform on large deer/elk/big hogs etc?

Roll Eyes

K.I.S.S.

Posts: 76 | Location: Victoria-Australia | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
thumbAt those moderate velocity levels and that great energy content I don't know how the bullet can be anything but great.

Even if it expanded only a little that Diameter and stated vel. energy combo should get inside and do tremendous tissue damage on the game you mentioned. thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Tez338
Norma plastic points are fragile and soft, intended for rapid expansion. I've shot a few roe deer’s with plastic point in 7mm rem, no exit hole Cool

Cheers
/JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Yes Johan, but in 9,3, they do exit and with panache, believe me ! True the plastic points are quite soft and I'm presently loading them in 9,3x74R for my O/U in replacement of the -way too hard and not expanding- Blaser 285 CDP I shot formerly. In front of a healthy -and heavily compressed- dose of H4831, these plastic points group both bbls. together and are pure dynamite on running boars, rolling most on the spot. Most bullets exit and the very few recovered look like small pancakes... I've also shot a Roedeer with the same load but as seen in the pics below, excessive meat damage might occur

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote