New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chrongraphs
 Login/Join

<Lasse>
posted
I am thinking of buying a chronograph. The only one I have seen here in Sweden is the Pro Chrono Digital CEI3800.

Anyone got any advise on the subject?
Any Swedish members who know who sells other makes in Sweden

Lasse

<Jn316>
posted
I highly recommend the Oehler 35p. Its simply the best of the bunch.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an Oehler 35, but find the proof feature redundant and unnecessary. Like most electronic equipment these days, chronographs are getting cheaper and more reliable. I have no experience with the model you mention, but would be surprised if it doesn't work well.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hej Lasse
I orded my "ProChrono Jr" from Vapen och Skytte and it has been working OK for my need (=checking rifle loads)
You find them at
http://www.vapen-skytte.se/tillbeh.html
I think the new phone number are 0910-780030
PerN

Posts: 108 | Location: Härnösand Sweden | Registered: 17 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
I have a pro-chrono it works well for me. The only problem I have had is on bright sunny days with small caliber(243) bullets. In that case it wouldn't read.I could read the 338 bullets find on that day just not the 243 cal.Hope this helps

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You'll find the same problem with any light-sensing chronograph screen under certain light conditions. The Oehler is probably as good as any, but I experience the same problem with mine on occasion. Some shooters craft elaborate sunscreens to help with this problem. Me, I just shoot again.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with my PACT PC-2. Only complaint is small size of numbers on the LCD screen - I have to tilt the screen up a bit to see them. That's a small complaint.

A friend gave me an old photographic tripod without pan head and the top screw fit the PACT factory screen mounting bar perfectly.

A tip: Buy extra skyscreens/light sensors on the front end. Eventually you or someone else is VERY likely to shoot the originals.

<Lasse>
posted
Thanks for your advise,
It will probably be the ProChrono Digital.
I'm sure it wil be OK for the number of times I have time to spend at the range nowdays.
Lasse