Find
Notify
Tools

Source ??? 470NE Lead cast Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris E Nelson
posted
Anybody know where I can find quality lead cast bullets for my 470 Thanks !

Posts: 153 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started bullet casting to fill precisely that need for myself. A little capital investment, maybe $300 or so, but as spendy as jacketed bullets are, it doesn't take long to recoup. Plus it's kind of fun. Low velocity practice ammo gets pretty cheap that way.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris E Nelson
posted Hide Post
Marty- Do you cast 470 bullets? If so are you interested in selling me some? Chris

Posts: 153 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris-
I don't think I have any "in stock" right now. With warm weather here, I'll probably cast some up in the next month or so. I like to do my casting outside to avoid excess fumes, so a summer activity here in South Dakota. PM me you info, and when I get ramped up I'll be happy to send you some gratis to see how you like them.
I load them over a reduced load of 5744, to about 1200fps for practice.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
several of us bought a mold and gas checks to have these "available" to everyone .. the caster/company owner went nuts ... and i have several molds in his possession, if not actually in his hands, having paid for alot of stuff for .475, .510, .550, and .582.. molds, sizers, gas checks, etc...

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Huntingtons

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
several of us bought a mold and gas checks to have these "available" to everyone .. the caster/company owner went nuts ... and i have several molds in his possession, if not actually in his hands, having paid for alot of stuff for .475, .510, .550, and .582.. molds, sizers, gas checks, etc...

So he still has the 470 mold?

That was a nice bullet.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
I purchased a box of cast bullets for the 470 but have yet to shoot any. They are .476 gas Checked at 510 grains and come from
Mount Baldy
Custom Cast Bullets
Cody Wy.
307 754 5255
I also bought a mold which drops a 510 grain slug at .580 and needs to be sized down.

I cannot remember who sold them too me, it was a while back when I was accumulating supplies for the .470
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I use the 425gr (.475 diameter) cast gas check bullets from "Cast Performance" which I purchase from Midway USA. I load these with
40 gr of AA5744 (no crimp, no wadding or filler), and it makes for a great practice load.
Mangwana

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote