Find
Notify
Tools

Company that will test your ammo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jshoney
posted
I work for a company that has purchased a small ammo manufacturer(5.56, .223 and .308). We are looking to move up to the next level a bit and need to know if anyone could recommend a company that could test our ammo for velocity and pressure. We would need these tests to have some form of certification.

Posts: 146 | Location: Walburg, TX | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
western powder labs?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39554 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H. P. White Labs has been pressure and ballistic testing since the 1930's. Still in business in Maryland, I think. They were always the industry standard, as far as I was concerned.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7Xpress:
H. P. White Labs has been pressure and ballistic testing since the 1930's. Still in business in Maryland, I think. They were always the industry standard, as far as I was concerned.

If H.P. White is still in business, they would certainly be my choice. They have more cumulative experience than any other private firm I have ever even heard of, and have done lots of work for the big gun companies, law enforcement, the NRA, and many, many others. I agree with 7Xpress. They are (or were) the industry standard for quality "pressure measuring" work.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just googled H. P. White
looks like there still alive and kicking!

Posts: 7 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 07 September 2011Reply With Quote