THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: For those of you considering D&R Sports...

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: For those of you considering D&R Sports...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

And FWIW, I wasn't trying to rile you, it just seemed you didn't understand why he paid with a money order vs. the CC. I fully agree that using a CC is a much safer, and usually much faster way to buy, particularly online.

P.S. The issue of not getting what he paid for aside, I think it is a bit ridiculous for it to take over 3 weeks to get a refund check. After all, the seller got the original MO in about 4 days. Seems the mail should run nearly as fast in the opposite direction, no?

I don't trust basicly paying cash for anything done over the internet. Just doesn't allow for much room to fallback and keep fighting, its more like puting out of the endzone. I know its nice to save 3+% just not in your better interest when there is a problem. As far as cutting the check, I have seen credits take 3 weeks to post on a CC, so nothing is a surprise. I have battled a few retailers already for fraudulent practices and don't care for how much a pain in the ass it is. One moron charged my CC, claimed it was shipped and i never got the package. They couldn't give me the tracking number either. I called them daily untill they hungup on me daily, then i got the CC company involved.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That really sucks, but when I bought from them I didn't have any problems. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure you post that link everyplace on the planet, i am sure no business ever screwed up before. First off, sending a money order wasn't very bright for a phone or internet order. Thats what plastic is for. Secondly, whining every other day on here isn't going to help a bit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well since you apparently know everything, tell me what else I can do? I've called, filed with the BBB, filed a complaint with the Postal Service, etc. And there is a reason for a Postal Money Order, and that was to cover my butt in case something like this happened.

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Make sure you post that link everyplace on the planet, i am sure no business ever screwed up before. First off, sending a money order wasn't very bright for a phone or internet order. Thats what plastic is for. Secondly, whining every other day on here isn't going to help a bit.

You sound like you don't have much experience with ordering online, particularly with the gun dealers. Money orders are THE WAY to go, unless you want to pay an extra 3-8% markup.

And while I agree that "whining every other day on here" would be a bit much, he isn't quite that bad. And he is doing a service by posting his situation. If he didn't, and you had a problem, but didn't mention it, and I didn't... well, you get the point. Perhaps there should be a forum for complaints such as this, other boards have them.

Some have good experiences, some have bad, but it's always nice to know everything when going into a transaction involving several hundred dollars, particularly when you have to trust some potential schmuck clear across the country.

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For you folks fairly "new" to this Board, anyone can pretty much post whatever they want, in as many different Boards as they want. You also have the right to cry and whine about them doing it if you desire.

But, the Threads won't be deleted, moved or changed in 99.99999% of the cases by the System Administrator or the Site Owner. The "First Ammendment" is the strongest on this Board of any you will ever visit.

If you don't want to read something, just pass it by. Or if you read it and want to comment on it, everyone here is all for it.

Just don't expect "Board Police" to change or regulate how this Board works.

By the way, "Welcome Aboard" to the new guys. You will love it here and eventually tire of the "Policed Boards".

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

You sound like you don't have much experience with ordering online, particularly with the gun dealers. Money orders are THE WAY to go, unless you want to pay an extra 3-8% markup.

Well, guess that means the CC i have and use solely for ordering online must be imaginary. Must be a dream the year end statement is usually inbetween $5-6k. People who complain about getting a check cut and returned obviously don't get credits on a CC very much. Unless you really are lucky, they take about 2 weeks to post. Depends on the company involved.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Well, guess that means the CC i have and use solely for ordering online must be imaginary. Must be a dream the year end statement is usually inbetween $5-6k. People who complain about getting a check cut and returned obviously don't get credits on a CC very much. Unless you really are lucky, they take about 2 weeks to post. Depends on the company involved.

I didn't mean to say you don't use one altogether, because you obviously DO use one. As do I, and I am sure Clark does, as well. And while MOST avenues of purchase openly welcome CC purchases, that does not seem to hold true for gun dealers. Visit gunbroker dot com, or auctionarms dot com, and you will see that 90% or more deals will accept CC, but charge more for the transaction (hence my 3-8% remark). Most are only about 3%, which I assume is the amount the CC company charges them as a merchant, but if I can save 3% on a $500 purchase, I will gladly cut a money order and wait an additional 3-4 days to receive my goods. That will usually pay for the shipping.

Do I have much experience to base this process on? Well, a quick look at Quicken tells me I have paid $39,443 to my CC this year, and probably 20-25% of that is online purchases.

And FWIW, I wasn't trying to rile you, it just seemed you didn't understand why he paid with a money order vs. the CC. I fully agree that using a CC is a much safer, and usually much faster way to buy, particularly online.

P.S. The issue of not getting what he paid for aside, I think it is a bit ridiculous for it to take over 3 weeks to get a refund check. After all, the seller got the original MO in about 4 days. Seems the mail should run nearly as fast in the opposite direction, no?

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Dealt with them countless times and bought lots of guns thrue them. Never a single problem.

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called up an established carpet company and ordered carpet to be installed "water fall style" on treads without risers. The installers said that they were not paid enough for anything but "3/4 wrap". I sent them away. The carpet company said I must pay anyway, as there was nothing in writing.

I then said, "I am going to contest the charge with the credit card company."

I was immediately offered "waterfall style" installation for the original price.

I told them there were too many bad feeling for such a short relationship, and I was getting all my money back, and shop elsewhere.

What does it all mean?

Credit cards are insurance against being unsatisfied.

--

Be careful what you pray for, it can happen.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote