New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brarnes Manual- What a Mess!
 Login/Join

<Bill>
posted
I just checked theri site to see if they finally posted the corrections as promised. They did and it seems they were off on quite a few cartridges.

Here is what they messed up:

.224 Weatherby Magnum
.243 Winchester
7mm Remington Magnum
.30-06 Springfield
.300 Winchester Short Magnum
.338 Trajectory Tables
.30-378 Weatherby Magnum
.416 Rigby
.50 AE
.50 Muzzleloader 250 grain
.50 Muzzleloader 300 grain
.54 Muzzleloader 275 grain
.54 Muzzleloader 325 grain

This is a link to the page that explains it all http://www.barnesbullets.com/mancorr.html

<Bill>
posted
These bananas would mess up a wet dream!

Cheack out the trim to length they list for the 300 WSM, 1.290", totally impossible!

<monyhunter>
posted
It looks like it is time for them to cut their losses and recall the book. I would hate to see all these stupid mistakes lead to an injury and a lawsuit.

I am interested to see how they handle all this.

------------------
Monyhunter

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Talk about no oversight!

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<holtz>
posted
I can't help but wonder if the "person(s)" they hired to write it use to write computer manuals.

Steve

one of us
Picture of Finley
posted Hide Post
I don't see how they can get away without recalling it. There are some pretty major goofs in that thing. I'm glad I found out about this before I bought one.

Posts: 223 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have it that the problem lies with the printer of the manual. No amount of proof reading can prevent such mistakes. It's hard to accept but, these days, it may be necessary to print in limited numbers and proof read once again before running off mass quantities for distribution. What a shame for this to have happened.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote