New
Find
Notify
Tools

GS custom bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone heard from Gerrard at GS custom bullets lately? I am off to africa in a couple of months and was going to see If I could get some bullets to bring back. I have e=mailed them and have had no reply as of yet. I was just wondering.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard from Gerard. He has purchased new computer controlled lathes and has moved them into a new production facility. He is just about to start up production again. As to when a particular caliber/weight will be available, I personally cannot say as there is a bit of a backlog of existing orders to work through. But you might as well order now as you can always use the bullets on your next trip, or for hunting here in the USA.

Until then, you could try some of the North Fork cup nose solids which I have found to be a very fine bullet. Also, Bridger is going to supply bullets through forumite RNS. A search will turn up the details and website.

Good luck!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
on the bridger bullets..
http://www.custombrassandbullets.com

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was trying to lay in a supply of the FN solids for my 500 Jeffery that was supposed to be going to Africa with me this year. I will need them anyway and was hoping to get a supply at the source and bring them home. Does anyone else make a 540 gr. expanding solid in .510 caliber? I have loads of cup point solids and I have yet to be able to get any made at NF. It is a matter of economics for him.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LB, Is 505 Gibbs a .510? If so maybe when the CZ's in 505 Gibbs hit they will be economic for NF to make a run of..............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they bee the same. I think we can get it done if we can sell a combined volume of 100 boxes. I just need to be able to feed the Jeffery when she gets here.

square shooter

one of us
posted Hide Post
A 505 Gibbs is .505 not .510

500 Jeffery and 500 NE are .510

Slight but important difference.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RGC, I do know that. Anything over 50 cal. requires oversized round stock and the exact diameter is irrelevant.

square shooter