Find
Notify
Tools

338 nosler ballistics bullet
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted
Dose anyone have a few boxes of .338 nosler ballistic bullet-maroon tip, 200 gr for sale or know if anyone it a bunch of them for sale. They do not make them anymore and that bullet is what my gun like the best and no other bullet works like it--barnes tip is close and that is what I now shoot but would like to find me some boxes. patriot

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the 200gr Accubond they shoot very well in my gun along with the 180gr BT.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
try the accubond.. its actually a hunting bullet, too

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I had a load for the 200gr BT switched to the 200 accubond and ended up with the same load. Just as accurate and excellent performance on game.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 200gr BSST's are the same bullet but with the black lubalox coating. They shoot great in my rifle.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oakman: I know that I have some, but not sure how many. I'll check this evening and let you know. They're great bullets, but I've switched to a heavier bullet in my .338 since I rarely use it for the smaller species of big game.

The 200 grain Ballistic Tip is plenty stout for anything you would hunt with a 200 grain bullet in a .338. Nosler designed it knowing that most people regard the .338 Winchester as primarily an elk gun, so they made the bullet with elk in mind. That said, there is no problem with the terminal performance of Accubond bullets, and in a given caliber I've found Accubonds to generate the same velocities, accuracy, and zero as the counterpart bullet of the same weight in Ballistic Tips. Thus, if you can't locate a supply of the BTip, consider using the Accubond in its place.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
The Ballistic Silvertip is the same bullet with lubalux coating. They've shot well for me.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Nosler Pro shop still has some 200 gr. accubond seconds at the "old" price @:

http://www.shootersproshop.com...ry-2nds__AB5493.aspx

They have the 180 gr. hunting BT's as well but no more 200's.

Every AB I've used has shot great and performed well on game.

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote