New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Trimmers-Universal Case Holders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just ordered and received on the Lee universal case holders for my Lee trimmer. I have been very happy with most Lee products, but this is a disappointment. It really doesn't work.

There are several other case trimmers with universal case holders. What is your experience with them?? Many of the trimmers are pricey, and if the case holder doesn't work, I am in the same place I am now.

Please share you experiences. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what dosent work? Mine works much better than the rcbs trimmer. Would love to get a wilson but i hate to trim anyway!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The three jaw chuck does not work and the case consistently loosens in the standard shell holder. I have given some thought to chucking a Lee stud up in a lathe and cutting on center a 223 size recess in the stud. When the shell holder tightened, it would center and secure the case. But with these small cases the three jaw chuck does not work well at all. (It seems to me that the chuck should be spring loaded to want to close, such that you loosen it, insert the case, and turn the collar loose and the jaws close on the case initially, letting you tighten the collar.) Unless the Zip Trim is mounted so that the case is vertical, the case wants to fall out of the chuck, which has too much play in the jaws.

Is the a case trimmer out there with a fast, secure was of holding the case in place?? Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote