New
Find
Notify
Tools

steves reloading pages ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
when using his pages, you select your caliber, bullet, and it shows highlighted powders. What about the ones NOT highlighted? are those just there or are they also able to be used?

Posts: 117 | Location: colorado springs, co. | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guessing here: I have a feeling the highlighted powders are the ones Steve liked in particular... Of course I could be wrong, and the highlighting indicating the ones he needs to pick up when in town next... Smiler
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
As stated on the pages:

"The highlighted powder in the selection area is NOT sacred, truth, fact nor absolute. It is the powder and primer combination I chose as best when I was reloading that caliber, with that bullet. It is based on three simple facts:

1) A "gut feeling";
2) Almost 50 years of experience;
3) They worked just fine in the firearm I was testing."

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ricciardelli,
Thanks for the info. I was just not wanting to take the rest of the powders for granted that they were ok. The reason for the question, is i have some of the powders for a certain caliber and saw them in the list but they werent highlighted. So i figured i would ask before i made a mistake

Posts: 117 | Location: colorado springs, co. | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
All the powders listed work...some better than others...but they all work.

I liked the highlighted ones...and from the feedback I have received, the highlighted powders worked "best" for those who tried them.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote