Find
Notify
Tools

Huge free range natural whitetail bucks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Here is a couple shots of some beauties!
Not those high fence phony deer these are the real deal!

Thought I might as well stir it up just as I was leaving to go elk hunting!!!!!!!
Have fun with it guys. rotflmo

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might believe it except for the ear tags, and fence in the background... LOL

gd

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
holycow lab rats on parade

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
A buck with a rack that big must have a headache.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i wonder if he is smart enough to know where to make scrapes?
i wonder how he would fare in a fight against a big strong miss. swamp 10 point?
i wonder how long he could maintain skeletal strength without supplemental nutrition? all those minerals going towards his rack would certainly drain his bones of strength.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:
i wonder if he is smart enough to know where to make scrapes?
i wonder how he would fare in a fight against a big strong miss. swamp 10 point?
i wonder how long he could maintain skeletal strength without supplemental nutrition? all those minerals going towards his rack would certainly drain his bones of strength.

archer

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
please explain to my dumb arse how one would breed the "stupid" into deer??? Saying pen bucks don't know how to make/work a scrape is, in itself, stupid.

You don't like pen raised bucks...fine, but try real hard NOT to show your own stupidity...please.

btw, the Miss buck would run the other way. and, just a guess, I'd say he's already getting a little "extra" nutrition. Ya think????

troy

Birmingham, Al

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The top picture looks like a bad Photo Shop job to me. The lighting is different on the antlers than on the buck, not mention about twice to large. Blow it up in a good photo program and you can see the pixel size around the horns is different from the background. too bad; I'd like to belive a buck like that could exist.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Actually tigger I had a couple other shots (photos) of this deer but this was the best picture. Some of the other pictures were close, some far away, different backgrounds in each (brush in one, grass in another, a doe for background in another) and in every picture the horns were huge and the same as in the one I posted. I am convinced it is a living breathing Buck Deer with big ass antlers, not a "photoshop" creation.
He does appear to have a smallish body compared to all that horn doesn't he?

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
It's the tags in the ears, and the high fence background that convinces me. Obviously these are Texas deer. Big Grin
KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whats wrong with that? those bucks are getting a much better feed than the wild ones not to mention that they are being managed for body size and antler growth, and the poor performers would be culled off while the best bucks and hinds are being bred from.

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Talk about wild ones, did you read that in U.K. they are allowing hybrid human-animal embryos research.

Where do you draw the line? Human like creatures with antlers? Feed them well in a high fence, and surely they will do better than their wild cousins. Manage for body size, antler growth, cull the poor performers, wow. Eeker

KB

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Next thing you know there will be guys all dressed up in camo, heading to Walmart to buy the biggest deer they can afford...there will even be a special place cleared off in the corner of the parking lot where you can shoot it (while a Walmart guy films the kill) so the Walmart taxidermist can stuff it for you. If you're lucky, they might even supply a guy to do your bragging for you.

Come to think of it, "stuff it" might be the operative phrase here.

Kind of reminds me of the guy who thought he'd like to have a family, but was having trouble finding a pregnant bride.....

Posts: 5742 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dang, you guys are killing me...

photoshop??? why is it someone always yells photoshop??? It isn't a photoshop, it's real. And worse, it's not a pen raised deer....

It IS a Texas deer though. Wild bred, born, and raised. Landowners darted the wild deer and put it in an enclosure to breed his does. There are LOTS of pics of this deer all over the net.....

troy

Birmingham, Al