New
Find
Notify
Tools

It is with Heavy Heart...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
that I bring sad news regarding Big Al. Last week he was observed chasing a dog in the vicinity of Neeld Street, an in consideration of the spectacle he was making of himself a posse was mounted. Frowner

There will be a wake at Thunder Road Bar and Grill on Friday night at 9:00PM, Pickups and Harleys only please. Souveniers can be had at the Withlacoochee Curio and Relic Stand on Hwy. 19/98 while they last.

He was a good friend, a scaly leezard of 10'(by measure) and his only mistake in life was changing his diet from pussy to dog. There is a lesson there fellas...

He is survived by family members uncountable, and wishing to remain anonymous. for a picture of his grandpappy, go here: http://www.gatorsRus.net

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.BootsAndHandBags.OnSale!

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Damn it man, sorry to hear about your buddy like that. I like Gators also and do not mess with them. The pics and storys of him will be missed.

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Dang,Sorry to hear that Dan Frowner I hope lil bob takes heed,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
My condolences. We do get attached to our pets, wild though they may be...

quote:
his only mistake in life was changing his diet from pussy to dog. There is a lesson there fellas...

stickin.with.pussy

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Sorry to hear about Big Al. Frowner Please raise a glass in his memmory, for all(or each) of us at his wake. beer

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Actually I flattened a cat with the 265X16 right front on the Ford on the way home fron the grocery. I just left it there in memory of big Al.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm heart broken bawling Big Al was the Lizard I always wanted !May The Fleas of a hundred camels infest those who hunted him Down ! Mad
And may their Chooks (chickens)Turn into EMUS & kick their DUNNY (out house) down

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel a bit differently about this. I am thinking that if Big Al had been spoiled a bit more(read fed!) he might not have had to after bigger game. Somebody was not doing their job or pulling their weight! shame
Of course since he couldn't even learn to play catch,his days were likely numbered anywho. boohoo derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And may their Chooks (chickens)Turn into EMUS & kick their DUNNY (out house) down

DoK, gotta admit that's something I'd like to see! roflmao

derf, it weren't for lack of trying! When you run out of treats it takes awhile to replenish. Frowner

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Grooming.LilBob

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hereby swear to send 10 crats to their maker in honor of big al

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, you might have to start prospecting around the Bluehair Cat Appreciation Society meetings in Y'town. Maybe a trip to a small town (no baloney) pound, or even going for the free ones in the classifieds (to a good home). BTW, I sent the franchise information on the crat orphanages too. n.s.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good idea, I forgot about the pound what with all the grief. Saw an article in the mullet wrapper the other day, they're up to their ears in pussy at the pound. Just don't seem right does it? Confused

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.TheyOughtToTakeInA.GatorOrTwo

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Dan,

The same thing was in the local bird cage liner. Too much pussy at the pound. Just proves that people don't like crats very much.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Danno,

I read this with dread in my heart. Did they kill Big Al or just capture and move him?

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Al rests in Gator heaven Ann. Sorry. He was a good ol' boy...or gal, never really figured out which.

Got to go feed Li'l Bob, he got some growin' to do.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Grouper.Smoothies

One of Us
Picture of Frosty03
posted Hide Post
I am all for recycling. It is my belief that all humane societies should be located next to an alligator farm with just a fence seperating the two.

No need to gas them...just toss them, I am sure they will never hit the ground. I am also NOT a fan of the Mexican CHeewawa either...they look like nervous rats to me.

Looking to adopt an animal? Go to the front door of local humane society. "Pahdon me, but do you have any gray-poop-on? Or pahaps a Savannah or a one-eye Tom?"

"Just a minute ma'am, lemmee go in the back and check..."

"Sorry ma'am, you're a bit late, the last one just went out the door..."

URL's I would like to see: http://www.tom-toss.com

http://www.gatorfud.com

Posts: 42 | Location: Florida | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Dang Dan,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I was out with the Shriners in Pensacola, FL all weekend at a car show so I'm just getting home to read it.

Just Friday night, my wife and I ate at the Gator Cafe in Baker, FL too ... we won't worry about what the specials are, but they do have some truly EXCELLENT old-fashioned shakes and malts.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but remember - feed them, and they will come. Maybe you could appeal to your city council and get a sign or something for an Alligator preserve or sanctuary or something? I'm not sure how much effort or what licensing issues that would cause though, so it may be too much effort. Maybe just see if you could put up some "Posted: Alligator area", or something.

Oh well, keep the faith.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
One made the same mistake just south of Houston:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How many crats I gotta feed Li'l Bob to make him that big? clap

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Leapin.Lizards!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm gathering up my extra cats right now and sending them to you for lil Al, in spite of the fact that I was scheduled to put on my annual cat food festival next saturday night. I'll just get more beer to go with the regular beer. N.S.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DigitalDan:
How many crats I gotta feed Li'l Bob to make him that big? clap

Dan

All of them DD!! clap derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Dan,

That gator that fla3006 posted, was 13'1".

Maybe Ann will send you her BBQ raiding possums to help get Li'l Bob up to size. You might load the crats, possums, and limb rats with some multi-vitamins for him too.

Hog Killer

one of us
posted Hide Post
HK, I've seen that trick before! At the White Oak Plantation, just north of Yulee, Fl., they use quail and chuckar to medicate their cheetahs and tigers. Pop a pill in the bird, pop a bird in the crat. They have a warm fuzzy relationship with the WWF, trying to help endangered critters do their multiplication tables and all. One of their cheetahs has really screwed up genes and was sterilized, but that didn't seem to affect his attitude much. Everytime a gal goes in the enclosure wearing a skirt he takes it. Chomp, rip, Aiiieeee! lol Sometimes they tell the girl before the fact, sometimes not, depending if they think she's a good person or some other mysterious litmus. bewildered Well, it's a good show regardless. Do ya think I should put steroids in those crats that NS is sending down? Confused

BTW, I got to feed a rhino a pine cone, seems they really like those. Big as they get I'm wondering if I should try stuffing one or two into Li'l Bob. Smiler

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Dietary.Ruffage

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Sorry to hear about Big Bob and best wishes to the family.

It's been my experience that two 5 footers will eat more than one ten footer so maybe getting another pet would be helpful. Five footers also are a little quicker and more inclined to fetch when furry critters are within their reach.
Maybe they could support several pounds at the same time....there is strength in numbers!!

Digital Dan,
Where is Yankeetown, FL? No disrespect meant, but the whole state is "yankee town" now!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Any video of that cheetah doing his skirt trick? sofa

Hog Killer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are prime toms I'm shipping down Dan. You better put lil' Bob on steroids. These are two of my best "Tom in Rut" territorial lure producers and they have already had lots of steroids. They are using 200 year old pines for scratching posts. I keep them tied up with logging chains. They treat groundhogs like mice. By the way, be careful taking the lids off those 55 gallon cat containers when they get there. Can't swim though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
NA, I'll keep the welding gloves on, promise! Chain saws warmed up before hand too.! beer

HK, not that I know of, but I heard the crat has quite a skirt collection. Be surprised if one of those weirdos hasn't squirreled away a few clips here and there. You know what kind of perverts the bunny huggers can be... Roll Eyes

Lowrider, meaning no arrogance, it may be what a lot of east coast residence think, the rest of us beg to differ, and we're the ones with the guns son. Fella from New York told me that Florida was a borrough of NYC one night in a TGIF down in south Miami. I punched him square in the snoot. Yankeetown is where the folks in Crackertown deemed acceptable for non resident aliens to reside in the winter sometime back. Real small place, 'bout 6 miles north of Red Level. Or if you're coming south, about 11 miles down the road from Lebanon Station. Headed over from the east coast, it's about 15 miles west of Chatmire. As the crow flies we're about 15 miles southeast of Rosewood. Hope that helps! Wink I bought my home here in a sincere effort to reverse the trend on Northern Aggression.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.TourGuide.Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Hopin to avoid a poke in the nose, I gotta ask again...where the hell are ya....I grew up down there, but I never heard of any of those places. Must be all the new towns they built for the people from Michigen, Jersey and points in between.

I understand your sensitivity. I used to turkey hunt where Walt Disney built that big kid's park place with Mickey and friends. I left in '67 to go to war and have only been back a few times....too afraid to drive down there now!! I used to hunt Ocala Nat Forest too. I might consider going back for some good Krat poppen in the bush if I didn't need to go to town. I do miss the folks down there some.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must be all the new towns

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Time for a history lesson Lowrider! Port Inglis, which is located about 95 miles north of Tampa, was the first deep water port on Florida's west coast to the best of my knowledge, integrating the deep waters of the Withlacoochee River with commercial activity long before any roads existed in the area. It was well established before the Civil War, and the Damn Yankees thought enough of it to TRY to blockade it for the duration. Sometimes they were successful. Today the town of Inglis has Yankeetown for an immediate neighbor to the west, and recently annexed the community of Crackertown, the source of many of the drovers used by the late Mr. Mizell when he started the cattle industry in the US., back in the early 1800's. One of his sons made the industry bloom and was primarily resonsible for feeding the CSA beef for the duration of the Nawthun War of Aggression. Both communities are located about 12 miles north of Crystal River, in case you're not familiar with Tampa. Wink Crystal River began it's life as a logging community, and supplied virtually all of the southern red cedar used to make pencils up until the late '50s. I know this is getting long winded, but Lebanon Station was a rail station at the intersection of US19 and SR121 which has been removed so long not even the oldsters remember it. Chatmire is a suburb of Dunnellon(gotcha!), just a few miles south of Reddick. No shit, that's the name of a real town! jumpRed Level is a dolomite quarry, pop. "Sparse". Once it was a real going concern, today it is little more than another intersection. Just like Otter Creek.

I can tell you're not black for all blacks know where Rosewood is. About 12 miles east of Cedar Key on SR24. There have been a couple of movies made about it, all relating to a racially motivated event whereupon the black community of Rosewood was burned to the ground due to allegations of interracial rape. History now says it was a trumped up charge, but I don't know one way or the other. Don't trust historians anymore, that's why I'm President of the Yankeetown Hysterical Society, NOT Historical, as it were. One thing for certain though, about 40 miles southeast is the town of Brookesville, which has the distinction (if my info is correct) of having the last lynching by mob rule in the US, sometime back in the '40s or earyl '50s. From the Live Oak in front of the courthouse, both of which still stand. A little sidebar to that is the propensity for folks in the surrounding area to steal chain and try to escape justice by swimming across local rivers and such. The law always got their man back then. Wink They made their living off of other peoples taxes, and knew just what the facts is/was/were.

Mickey Mouse is public enemy number one in my book, has been since gay Walt started buying land for Disney World. I have nothing good to say about the company or individuals who make whores out of themselves working there, therefore I will leave it at that.

There are fewer crats in this part of the state for some reason, and I find it adds excitement to the hunt when the opportunity arises. The east coast of the Windy State is overrun with the damn things though, likely due to the fact that most of the residents are DAMN Yankees. There is descernable difference between Yankees and DAMN Yankees BTW, the former coming down south and spending money, the latter deciding they like it and staying on. It is not a fine distinction to those of us has witnessed the unholy assholiness of the uncouth spawn of both. I never met a Cuban in Miami I liked, not a New Yorker. It's not the end of the list but will do for now. I did have occassion to crack the whip on several of both in my past career, and enjoyed in always. Sometimes they understood what I meant by "Teach you to feed the sharks or gators". clap

Well, that's all for now. Let me know if I can clear up any more questions you might have about the Windy State! Big Grin

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.DansHysterical.Perspective

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I've lived on both sides of the mason dixon,,,Drifted towards southeren cooking and blue crabs,,,went to joe's stone crab house for brunch one time thumbwifey crapped her pants about the bill,,,,,but that was one hell of a brunch CoolThere's a lunch room off of rte 4 that is southeren cooking,,,,like according to the southeren bible,,damn good eats,for cheap!!only one menu in the whole place,,,,scribbled on a chalk board thumbI have great respect of florida,,,,but only visit in febuary,,,,I don't see how I could handle it in the summer, bewildered It's toasty enough in feb. Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Thanks so much for the info that was left out of my Florida history book!! I haven't heard the line from the Sherrif in years...."bastard must have tried to steal more chain than he could swim with" or "poor bastard fell right in the moccasin bed and couldn't get back out"

I did a float trip down the Withlacoochee in a jon boat with my Dad in about 1965. We had a moccasin get into the boat. We tried to get it out with a paddle and when we couldn't, Dad shot it about 5 times with a Colt Woodman and put a buncho of holes in the bottom of the boat. Needless to say, we bailed alot for rest of the trip.

Couldn't agree with you more about Walt. That's one of the reasons I never moved back. We owned some orange groves just East of Green Swamp and the freeze in Feb 1958 (I think) killed off the trees. Dad sold the land in '61 for a couple hundred dollars an acre. The guy that bought it sold to the Disney development company for 10x that much...oh well....I really miss the Orlando area the way it was....guess you can't go back!!

Sorry to hear the Krat population has dwindled in your area. Little known fact...back in the early 60's the Orange County Sherrif's Office used to allow feral cat and dog hunts because they were such a problem in some areas. Won't see that happen today!!!

Make sure you keep Little Bob well fed. You know they like small snappin turtles and possom and coon and rabbits and tree rats and a pig now and then too if ya run short of krats.

Keep your powder dry and stay on top of all those DAMN YANKEES!!

The year of the .30-06!!