THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Birman's "suicide squad" not doing well.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Birman's "suicide squad" not doing well.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, this has GOT to be my most freakish cat kill. My new Battalion Commander is a running fanatic, and has inspired me to learn how to run with my gimpy leg. I was out doing a few miles this evening, when I surprised a long-haired black, grey and orange abomination as I came around a corner. He must've heard about me, as he took off like a bat out of hell, toward the nearby privacy fence. Unfortunately, he misjudged the position of his head, and brained himself, fatally, on the sharp edge of the fence. Then he started doing Cat-robatics on the driveway.

Birman and his mangy, flea-bitten XO need to do some remedial training to his new "suicide squad". I think they only have it half-right....

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

So 120mm, can it be said you scared that cat witless when you came thundering up?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Did you at least finish off the Stupid Krat off ?
I have found a swift kick is fun for all.

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Finish him off and then hang him on the fence so the other cats will know their time will come.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are some sounds made by military creations that will stir your soul, and some things that probably should but don't. As an example, an early morning formation at Ft. ------ doing double time with cadence on a frosty morning would move even Lee Ermy. OTOH, the thin whisper of a section of B-52s overhead is hardly worth poetry to the ill informed. Once I stood on the PSP matte at Lai Khe, watching 27 Hueys and 8 Cobras spool up then depart for An Loc. It was June of '72, our flight of 30 was next and I wondered how many would return. Even though uncertain of my future I found the chaos and thunder of that many rotors pounding the hot humid morning thrilling beyond words. The sound moved my organs, the ground shook. The B-52s wouldn't scare a crat though, shows how damn dumb they are.

We all returned BTW, nothing like Buffs putting down suppressive fire to keep heads down.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.IWillFear.NoCrat

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Digital Dan, you mentioned the cadence of soldiers early in the morning. You mentioned the whisper of the mighty Buff, eager to deliver it's promise.

You forgot to mention the Valkerie scream of a GAU 2/A, the nasty belch of the 40mil, and the Death Yell of a 105 all coming from a Spectre.

They are working proof that Military R&D has no limits to a nasty imagination.

That said, I hope Birman's "Suicide squad" does do well. Keep in mind, the operative word here is SUICIDE. gunsmile

Well, I've been preparing for the Crat offensive:

Heeheehee, I may even give them a "sporting" chance!

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I LAUGH AT THE LOW TECH RED ASS. HE THINKS THAT THE METAL HE WORKS WILL CATCH ME. HE CANNOT EVEN KEEP AIR IN THE TIRES OF HIS VEHICLE. TYPICAL REDNECK. FLAT TIRES ON THE TRUCK AND LEAD FUMES IN HIS BLOOD. NO WONDER I DO NOT FEAR HIM.

Posts: 79 | Location: wherever there is a female in heat | Registered: 27 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
quote:
NO WONDER I DO NOT DEAR HIM.

Do you fear him?

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BIRMAN'S XO:
I LAUGH AT THE LOW TECH RED ASS. HE THINKS THAT THE METAL HE WORKS WILL CATCH ME. HE CANNOT EVEN KEEP AIR IN THE TIRES OF HIS VEHICLE. TYPICAL REDNECK. FLAT TIRES ON THE TRUCK AND LEAD FUMES IN HIS BLOOD. NO WONDER I DO NOT FEAR HIM.

Typical crat, only sees what he want's to see.

The car is a 67 SS camaro, a project I picked up quite awhile ago that I still haven't gotten around to. Lead only fumes above 900 degrees. I wouldn't worry about ME getting lead poisoning, you should worry about YOURSELF. I'm trying to decide what way it should be introduced .375, 458, or maybe, just maybe .303 gunsmile

I've got around 60 pounds ingotized, got at least another hundred to go. at 7000 grains to a pound, and at most 500 grains to a bullet.. Hmm, that's alotta dead cats!

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, do you mean RULE NUMBER 303!!!!!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Damn I love "Breaker Morant".

As you can see, I'm an expert on "RULE .303":

There is also the miracle quote from "Zulu":

If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle.

HTRN

One of Us
Picture of Clifton Clowers
posted Hide Post
DD: "There are some sounds made by military creations that will stir your soul, and some things that probably should but don't." and "OTOH, the thin whisper of a section of B-52s overhead is hardly worth poetry to the ill informed."

Ah, yes, the underfoot rumble of the local -- meaning 10 to 20 km away -- Arclight Mission. To experience the heavings and especially the leavings of those big ugly fellows is to love them, especially the leavings. On more than one bomb damage assessment patrol in Binh Dinh Province, many untouched corpses of the 3rd North Vietnamese Army Division befouled the otherwise pristine jungle. Did I say "untouched"? Well, there were no bullet holes but it's truly wonderful to view the carnage wrought by mere concussion. A leetle bleeding from the occasional ear is all. Already bloated in the high heat they were good commies all. 'Course that was a third of a century agao. Must be the same in Kaffirstan nowadays.

Armed men are citizens. Unarmed men are subjects. Disarmed men are serfs.

Posts: 74 | Location: Wolverton Mountain | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
but it's truly wonderful to view the carnage wrought by mere concussion

'And Denuded Trees,
Wrought Blue-Green With Gristle.'

Hopefully Birman and his XO will get to paint a few trees with their innards. Smiler
A man can but hope.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ain't it so. Wink Another is the C130. Most think's delivering toilet paper, but Ol' Mr. Spectre delivers another message entirely. Especially soothing about 0300 hours from about 10 klicks.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Mooooooooooooo.Moooooooooooooooo

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDan:
Ain't it so. Wink Another is the C130. Most think's delivering toilet paper, but Ol' Mr. Spectre delivers another message entirely. Especially soothing about 0300 hours from about 10 klicks.

Dan

Or so close the brass lands on your head. Cool

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Mooooooooooooo.Moooooooooooooooo

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HTRN:
Well, I've been preparing for the Crat offensive:

Heeheehee, I may even give them a "sporting" chance!

HTRN

HTRN,

How about making a deadfall with those ingots clap They should weigh enough to do the deed without having to do any more casting.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
That's nothing.

I still have another 7 gallon pail to turn into ingots.

HTRN

one of us
posted Hide Post
A pallet of Sakcrete will work too.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Grrwowo.Spltttfh

one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Naah, Sakcrete is what you mix up to pour over the bodies. thumb

HTRN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Naw, it's what you mix with dead crats for that special color pattern for the driveway. Big Grin

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.TabbyStone.DrivewaysInc

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HTRN:
Damn I love "Breaker Morant".

As you can see, I'm an expert on "RULE .303":

There is also the miracle quote from "Zulu":

If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle.

HTRN

That is a lovely collection! Do you got any of the sniper versions, set up by H&H?

Regards,
Marterius

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Nah, but their was one in the collection that all most of those came out of. All numbers matching. Went for $1600.

Keep in mind, those are only the Lee Enfields. I didn't post photos of my much loved Martini Henry, or the Snider I'm "babysitting"..

HTRN

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
A nice bunch anyway, I have a soft sport for the Enfields! thumb

/Marterius

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote