Find
Notify
Tools

Fast food
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
While looking for a house to buy I was checking out some new contruction. While talking to one of the workers during his lunch break a cat snatched the meat out of his sandwich and headed back into the partially framed house to escape. We both heard a single pulse of a nail gun from the other side of the house. His partner walked over to us with the recovered slice of ham and flopped it down on the empty mayonaise covered bread. He didn't say a word. It is nice to see a real craftsman at work. Norm Abrams would have been pleased.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I really hate to say this, but I guess the crat got the point? Confused

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.OpenCarry.AtWork

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I would have bought that man a beer after work. Good coworkers are hard to hind jump. 338vt

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Target practice at work ,nice !
Shake that mans hand

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Heres why they get shot. Mad

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

Clearly the Jerry M. of the Independent Carpenter's Pro Nailing Association (ICPNA). BTW Old Elk Hunter, others will need to verify but you may well be the first to note the use of the pneumatic nail gun for our sport.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
And my son still asks why I won't let a cat in the house.I'd sooner poke my dick into a one dollar whore,than let a crat into my abode,,,niether is going to happen though,,,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is just too bad that that toothbrush didn't have a sensitve pressure switch in it attached to some C4 under the sink.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, my memory cells are working slowly tonight. I saw a welder turn up the voltage on his unit to max and reach out and touch a cat that had jumped up on his welding table to eat part of his lunch with the electrode. Didn't fry the cat but it contracted enough to evacuate its bowls into his luch pail. The last I saw of the cat he had it cornered and was trying to get his Oxy-Acetalene torch lit.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
OEH,,,I was working for a shop a good while back,,making repairs on a dump body.I had the chassis grounded,,,It was 95 deg. and I was sweating like a pig outside in the sun,,I had hung the electrode on a metal wheelbarrow in the back of the bed,,,moved some other crap in the bed,then backed up to look for more tears,,Backed into the electrode,,,Doh!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I worked in a fab shop, years ago, welding. They we were using AC welding machines, had a helper get (mildly) electrocuted. He grabbed some work that was grounded and the block on the overhead crane. Then he started shaking, could not turn either loose. We yanked all of the grounds off, and got he free, turns out that the lead on my machine had a break in the insulation and that is where it was touching the roll up rack on the building.

After seeing two other similar events I quit, that place.

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was working with an Air Nailer just last week and was wondering how he got around the saftys on his. The one I used had to be pressed hard up against the surface to be nailed before it would trigger. Confused derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
derf,

I've worked with some nailguns with a really light safety catch at the bottom that could be lifted with one finger. It makes shooting crats a 2-handed job but that's OK. Or, it woudln't surpise me one bit if the guy in question had simply rigged his gun to bypass the safety.

Anyone ever nail a crat with one of those concrete nailers that use a small explosive charge? As a 10-year old, when my parents were renovating, I got hold of one. It used a little red plastic thing that held the charge. Pull the trigger and pop, nail goes into 2x4 and concrete floor.

When I mention a cartridge,the rifles involved:
22LR Cooey SingleShot | 22 Hornet 40sCZ | 223Rem CZ 527 Varmint
30-06 Husqvarna Sporter | 300 WinMag A-BoltII S/S BOSS | 458 WinMag Ruger #1

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone ever nail a crat with one of those concrete nailers that use a small explosive charge? As a 10-year old, when my parents were renovating, I got hold of one. It used a little red plastic thing that held the charge. Pull the trigger and pop, nail goes into 2x4 and concrete floor.

I thought that's what he was talking about. bewildered I don't think pneumatic NG's have enough balls for live fire exercises. At least not since the guy tried and failed to commit Hiri Kiri with a couple of dozen shots to the head with one. There just ain't no substitute for gunpowder! Cool

Clay, when I was operating those things with the big fans overhead, we used to say "I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother flyin' Slicks." It avoids the trap of personal involvement, putting others in the position of tawdry circumstance. And, it was a common attitude amongst Nixon's Hired Guns, a group with elite mentality if not circumstance.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Wayward.FamilyMembers

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:

When working at a factory during my student days, there was some construction work going on. The workers left one of those nailguns and several packets of charges when they went home and we were working late... We soon found out you could rig the saftey with ducttape, and made some really fun shooting competitions in a remote corner of the plant. Not a charge left in the morning. Man, was those workers mad, but they did not dare to report it since they should never have left the stuff in the first place. Big Grin

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the insight Dan,,I grew up very sheltered from mainstream society,,Not particulary easy life but out of the loop,,,A few years ago a buddy of mine[irish catholic] married a jewish girl,,,my wife started choking on her drink,,I asked what was wrong? she was astounded to realise I did'nt know those two were breaking the "rules" Confused. As far as blue flames and electrodes,,,,I keep wary of where the electrode is and the cables in proper order,,,,And if I start smelling that laundromat odor,,,,I need to stop and see what part of me is in flames Red Face Clay

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is wrong with Christian associating with a Jewish person? After all, Christ was a Jew.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's it OEH, you stir it up with a Big stick!! roflmao derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Elk Hunter:
What is wrong with Christian associating with a Jewish person? After all, Christ was a Jew.

I could not agree more! And Mary was a "jiddische mutter" - poor Christ, every Jew knows what it means having a mum like that! Smiler

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote