Find
Notify
Tools

A good night
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted
I came home from helping on a friends ranch at 6:30. I shot one cat before supper, with the 410, after supper I took the dog out and there was another one , killed it with a shovel!!!Only one way the eveniong could get better and I doubt that will happen!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elkman, I'll score some extra points for the shovel kill but without details can't offer an aggregate. Frowner What load did you use in the .410, and what were the circumstances? Close, far, stationary, charging? Confused Was it a spade shovel, or a coal shovel? Flesh the story out a bit for us please, for without some more details our minds are apt to fill in the blanks with lurid details involving whiskey and wimmen. nut

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.StevenKings.Memories

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I killed a mouse with a manure fork once...it's harder than you think!!

I have mice becasue I've killed all the krats and the mice are not taking the poison anymore. I'm thinking of importing krats for mice control then shoot them down as the mouse population is wiped out. I see a cycle here...seems to be a natural thing that PETA would support.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We got a few extra pythons here in the Windy State, but I don't know how their work ethic is in winter. Confused And Micro Bob, he's about the right size but I KNOW his kind take the winter off. Frowner

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Alternative.Solutions

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I was suffering from a shortage of cats about two years ago but a simple hand lettered sign on a stick in the front yard solved that. "No cats allowed here". All the cat haters in the county ganged up on me to dump their extra pussy. I sold some to Long Wang at the Emperor's Palace, traded one to the president emeritus of the local Ladies Cat Fanciers Association for a nice clean 512 Remington, saved two of the meatiest for homestyle Barbecue Mongolian Cat with Dumpling, and still had a couple to use for "Shoot and See Red Mist Targets." N.S. Sherlock

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Lowrider,,Try some weatherblock with talon,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are tought!!

I had a 5' black snake until it tangled with my weasel nosed lab...I call him squirel breath. He dispatched the black snake and was kind enough to drag it into the kitchen where my wife found it bleeding on her reasonably new floor. It wasn't pretty, but was taken better than the day he brought a deer leg back and laid it outside our bedroom on the beige carpet. He once tried to carry back two geese at one time... That's why I keep him around!!

Can you make General Sao's out of krat?....tastes like chicken!!

Thanks for the offer DD, but I know those boys will be moving pretty slow soon.

Clay,

What the hell is "weather block with talon"????

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talon Weather Blox

http://www.pestproducts.com/talon_blok.htm

Rodent poison. Kills moles, voles, rats and mice. Use the double strength for donkeys and democrats.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've always preferred a straw broom on mice. All those sharp little "mouse punji stakes" make short work of mickey. One squeek, fifty puncture wounds and a bout 15 seconds kicking later, you have a former mouse.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link there Lawndart,,Gonna have to give my distributor rep some shit about not telling me about the RATZAPPER 2000,,might have to get one and open it up to accept somewhat larger annoyances,,,ditch the 4 aa batteies and replace them with a 3100 series tractor battery,,,Kill'em all!!!!!!!!! Clay http://www.zappedcrat.com

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
120 Mike Mike, lawndart and Clay,

Gottcha now...I'm using plain garden variety poison where I need to use industrial strength Poison. I have been successful using a push broom with a really course head, but the push broom is too big to be effective.

I got one this afternoon with a bucket lid in a boomerang throw and almost cut him in half. He was in the hay and made a break for the corner of the barn where I store fencing and posts. A quick overhand throw of the bucket lid caught him between the lid and a 6"x6" post...his little body sorta came apart at that point and ended the chase. I left him there as a warning to others!!

Muzzle Loader starts in 2 days!! Long live the chase!!

The year of the .30-06!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll bite! What size of round ball are you going to use on mice? nut derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote