New
Find
Notify
Tools

One for the home team
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got to come home this weekend and saw all the crat crap in front of the house. I set the trap and what do you know. I got Mr. Black and White. I gave him his medicine and sent him on his way. Here is the question for you all. TFL said he was giong to help me with this problem and he didn't. Would it be going to far to let the crat recover in the back of his truck to let him know that I am taking care of the problem? He is usually real good about helping me out when I need him. I was concerned that his wife might not appreciate it all that much. Is this good gamesmanship or just not right?

Posts: 47 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Just how far you want to go is up to you ? Me I put a cat the was shot with a 22 hornet in the back floorboard of a guys car at work one early morn....coverd it up with some trash and he didnt find it for 3-4 days later !!!

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me I put a cat the was shot with a 22 hornet in the back floorboard of a guys car at work one early morn....coverd it up with some trash and he didnt find it for 3-4 days later !!!

Bet he never smelled one that ripe before. Eeker

Dan

POTYHC

www.OhGoshDornit.BeenHadByTheHornet

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Yeah he was a real punk, after that he got the hint we didnt like crackheads in our shop !!!

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I bet the smell was worse than a whore that had'nt washed in a week Roll Eyes,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jamon,
TFL is an ally. You don't want to alienate him, when you both obviously have so much work to do. I've gone it alone in the crat wars for so long that I don't expect any help (I've got fluffyhumpers on the entire perimeter). When someone does take even a little of the load, I'm grateful. You guys seem to have more of a communication and coordination problem than anything. Don't give the cat-tle the satisfaction by wasting your efforts on each other. Take it out on the beasties instead.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the insight Brassb. It looked like the crat had some reaction to the dose anyway. He started doing the chicken and then before I could use the defibulator he kicked off. Oh well. So it goes... The lucky thing is that I had no use for the thing anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We got another. This time it was the elusive and coveted tabby. That is the Smokey's crat. This time Another 50 or 60 and we will have the neighborhood problem under control.
TFL-That is property of the las that you wacked today. Please keep the crat catcher out of sight for awhile. The last thing I need is to get my name in the paper for thinning out the crat population. That might be bad for business.

posted Hide Post
Jamon -- (You know better than to try the old cripple in my truck bit. You don't want to go there.) Pulled another one off of your place. Possible Boone and Cratchet. That was one big crat. Need to make a transport box to make it out of the backyard. That little yapper next door needs to make the trip to LaLa land too. Was up above the house last nite and what should appear but a black and white crat. The Rock gave chase for almost an hour and finally treed him. I'm on a roll.....Happy Cratting

Posts: 21 | Location: oregon | Registered: 09 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got all sorts of garbage around me. On all sides I got the Po' Folk with 10 to 27 crats each that seem to like to empty the litter box in the front lawn. State Gov't guy right next door with a dog that never shuts up. Behind a crazy lady who is in and out of the mental ward. Next to her I have a "Coastie" who is out to sea half the time and leaves his dog to bark all night long. That dumb mutt started at my wife the other day and broke part of the fence. I got a county mountie right across the road that has at least (past tense would be had Cool) a cat and a dog that won't shut up. It is rough livin' I tell you what. I am in the process of opening up a bidness in the area else I would call in the calvary to help take care of the situation. Amidst all the chaos we have managed to begin to controll some of the crat population. It is not easy work but very rewarding. My wife told me the other day, as I am working out of town, that she almost felt bad for calling in the hired gun (TFL) to whack the trapped crat because it seemed so nice. She then did not hesitate to let me know that the feeling did not last long.