Find
Notify
Tools

Cat sweeper
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Was visiting a friend in town after the recent snow storms. A dog was chasing a cat around the houses when a streetsweeper came around the corner with its wide circular steel wire sweepers removing the crud on the road. The dog was gaining on the cat and the cat zigged when it should have zagged and ran under the street sweeper. After the sweeper passed my attention was focused on the white Honda across the street with the fresh red graphics sprayed all over it. Here and there some grey fur clumps where sliding down the side of the Honda.

Another great moment in my dull life.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have payed to see that. That is classic. Thanks for sharing. Did the cat meow when it ended its vermin life?-Ben

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swished crat huh? Stirred not shaken. Smiler Jigger of vodka, hold the vermouth.

Dan

POTYHC

www.Pussy.PussyGalore

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
That's a good way to clean a dirty pussy .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Well, I was always told that there was more than one way to skin a crat. lol

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This adds to my collection of weired ways that crats are eliminated. I have seen them swept, steam rolled, barbequed, arrowed, Ex-laxed, burnt, run over, shot with golf balls, trapped, and some effective but gross ways
in Asia. I stick to just using ammo. I wonder what way I will witness next. They just seem to be in the right
place at the wrong time sometimes. Most people on this forum take a direct approach. If you have seen any
unusual ways, please share them.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well since you mentioned gross ways, leo used to catch them & bury them with their head sticking out of the ground , and then mow the lawn

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OEH, you remember Wolfer? rotflmo

Dan

POTYHC

www.DistinctlyWestern.InBigSkyCountry

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Do you have photos of the Cat on the Car?

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Dan, what ever happened to Wolfer?

Last I heard, he sold his house in FL or some such?

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome story. You are so lucky.

Posts: 53 | Location: Washington | Registered: 25 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HTRN:
Dan, what ever happened to Wolfer?

Last I heard, he sold his house in FL or some such?

HTRN

Our Wolfer is now "kickback" or something like that, but what is in a name, his heart is still pure! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DigitalDan,

Nope, no recollection of Wolfer. Was he as crazy
as the rest of us?

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolfer was the inventor of the Crat-o-Matic...a modified snow blower put to good use in "Northeastern Montana"...among other things. A bit more prolific then than now...having reasons as real as the Big Sky Country. He recently rematerialized as Kickback due to issues related to the reoranization of AR about a 18 months back. He can tell the Tails as well as any, better than most. One of his recent posts is still current, and I only mention him in relation to your question about the weird and wonderful ways others have disposed of crats. Y'all need to get acquainted. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.TrustMeOn.This

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Was'nt he also the inventor of li-down? I miss his opinion on all topics,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OEH,

Unusual demise of crat? My wife's red-tailed hawk nailed one while we were rabbit hunting. The hawk was sitting in a tall tree and suddenly dove into some thick brush. I heard it squeal and thought it was a bunny. Very disappointing.

Jim

"And this too shall pass."

Posts: 55 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I came home one day and saw something funny hanging on my garage door. When my wife left the house that morning (she did come back though) she let the door down and the cat that was sleeping on top of the door got hung. He scratched the paint on the door pretty good before he died. So another way to dispose of a cat.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have missed "Wolfer" - he had some unique stories and was usually off to "sharpen a blade"!
APB

Posts: 223 | Location: Qld, Australia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote