Find
Notify
Tools

Forums are up...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted
Gentlemen,(and Ladies, I didn't forget you, Ann!) I finally got around to getting the forums up on my site. The address is:http://thisoldshed.proboards38.com/index.cgi. Keep in mind this is a sight devoted to tinkerers and not to the extermination of Felinus Domesticus. You're welcome to post On Topic. Yes, regisration is required, mostly to keep out the spammers. The exception is the "Problems/Questions" forum, because I know that the antispamware can keep you from getting your password. I ask you not to just start posting there simply to avoid registering, it's there to help those posters with genuine forum problems.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it my eyes, or do the background/lettering colors make it very hard to read? Esp. the navy blue on dark gray combo

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
I generally use a dark background and a light text.
They're easier on the eyes than the light background black text as used here.
The blue is the standard color of links, as in your linking to a forum, profile etc.. The unclicked links are light blue and the clicked links are dark blue. I would have made them a different color, except blue is pretty much a universal link color.

Take a look at one of the threads and you'll see what I mean.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I enrolled the day before yesterday. I can't wait to find out more fiendish designs.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I enrolled today.
It looks like it is gonna be fun.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Today I posted on what to do with old garage door springs:

Turn them into a slingshot!

Yep, this is how I spend my day folks...

Toolmaker

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I registered. Hafta wait 'til I get home to check my personal e-mail. Compu-nazis won't let us access "outside e-mail accounts." Just because a bunch of teenagers and teenagers that never grew up write viruses every day. Little buggers. Why don't they grow up and do something meaningful? Like help control the world cat population?

Just waxing philosphical...

Rick

Posts: 159 | Location: Watkins Glen, NY, USA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Rick if you have a problem with getting your password due to antispamware, just post a note in Problems/Questions and I'll assign you one and you can change it to whatever you want(Prob/ques is the only forum that allows guests to post)

HTRN