Find
Notify
Tools

They Never Learn
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Off the BBQ again, this is a possum I shot before which got away. I thought it had been mortally wounded. I made sure this time.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should have used a bat. Lousisville slugger. I reccomend a 34.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, next time put it on a platter with an apple in its mouth. 'taters and carrots with some pineapple chunks all around. Wink

Chef Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.PoMans.Platter

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baked Possum

Take a large roasting pan and cut a GREEN 2x4 to fit the length of pan.
Place cleaned and dressed possum in pan on 2x4.
Add ½ cup sorgum molasses and 1 cup bourbon.
Add 1 large diced onion and 3 cloves garlic.
Bake at 350 degrees for six hours.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Discard possum and eat the 2x4

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
Ann, they are not totally worthless. We play a game with them here, called "How long will the Possum last?" You must understand, there is absolutely nothing to do, in my neck of the woods, after deer season any way. We keep up with how many days they last on the road. The record for us is 38 days, cold February two years ago. Recognition at 30 mph with cursory glance is required to count.

Considering taking up varmint hunting as therapy.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went for a large one on the outer edge of the ditch last night. I have yet to check this AM to see if I scored! yanks derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote