Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions, anyone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted
I was wondering because this was a experience I had when I was younger, and I thought it was hilarious. I'm beginning to think maybe there's something wrong with me

But one day my brother and myself were out on a squirrel massacre that occured almost once a month. He was carrying his .220 swift and I had my CZ 527 in .17 Remington. We were walking in a good hunting place in our hometown, Kodiak Alaska, when he spotted a skinny but big crat. We smiled slightly and he took aim and vaporized the critter.

Is this a bad thing to be laughing about?!

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
IMO only if you would have missed .

I would like to say well done and hope for some vido of the vaporizion . clap gunsmile

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
The removal of a invasive non-native predator should always be cause for celebration, especially in Alaska.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Laugh only if you killed the beast before your brother got to him. Good shootin tex

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man-there is always the old ploy: "Let's see whose bullet gets there first--I'll count to three. One, two, BLAM, three. Guess mine did" Big Grin.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine worked with an old guy that lived alone with a couple of cats. Duane went back to work after deer season the old guy commented "I don't know how you can shoot a deer!" Duane responded "it's not as easy as shooting cats but you get used to it!"
cheers

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love those head shots on cats.

They'll flip higher than rabbits, or prairie dogs.

Reckon it's because their springs are wound tighter???

I know a couple have made it five feet from a sitting position. Another one did at least as well when stalking a bird when head shot. Impressive!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Hah! Good so I don't have anything to worry about. It's little body couldn't handle the 4200fps behind that tiny .17 bullet, and the only thing left was it's head, which flew off somewhere. Unfortunatly I did not have a camera...I'm going to have to start bringing that thing out.
I've noticed that too george! Ever made one do a backflip? I have yet to see that...soon enough though.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote