Find
Notify
Tools

Watch out for those Stinky cats
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted
I was heading home and saw what I thought was 2 black cats on the road .

So I made sure I hit them .
BAD move , both were skunks .
I went to the car wash and spent $12 and took 1 hr of my time washing the under side of the truck .

I still can smell some stench , but lots better .

Got a BIG can of tomato juice ?

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
johnch

There is a much better home remedy than tomato juice--it is a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda with a dash of dishwashing detergent. If you google "skunk scent removal" I think you'll get to the right spot. Works great, only you either got to put it in a pump-up sprayer or lay on your back under the truck and put it on with a brush.

Oh yeah, and by the way, you get an "A" for your driving but an "F" for either eyesight or judgement (or both maybe?)

Big Grin

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Beer will get the smell out.

Well actually I buy the beer and drink the beer and the stink goes away by itself.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I looked up the peroxide and baking soda thing last night .

Tonight I washed the under side of my truck .
A first .

I only had a few second to react .
I thought the GF was going to laugh her self silly , over me thinking cat , but getting skunked .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should feel lucky. A good friend of mine hit a skunk one time and after 4 days of washing his truck it smelled worse than ever. I stopped by to visit and he was parking his truck 3 houses down it smelled so bad. The skunk use still hung up in the under carriage of the truck. I headed home when he asked for help. jumping

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My hunting parter wand to trap a crat to train his hounds with so he come over here with his live trap. Caught himself the biggest damn skunk in the neighbourhood. I let him dispatch it and do the removal. Told him not to shoot it in the head but "the very young do not always listen"! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote