THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Yet another reason to not have crats for pets

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another reason to not have crats for pets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted
Well, I admit it, I share a house with a crat...thanks to my attraction to my lovely wife (put the rolling pin down dear, please). Now lots has been made of the fact that they can carry a disease that is particularly harmful to pregnant women and their babies. Well, just so happens that my lovely bride (no, not the cast iron skillet again!) is 12 weeks along, cooking up our #2 child (ouch, damn skillet). We decided to have the test run, just in case. Guess how much that damn test costs?

$300!!!!!!!! Eeker Since we haven't met our deductable on insurance yet, it's all ours too!

That's halfway, more or less, to a new rifle, just because we have a litterbox in the house. It may be accident time for the crat... gunsmile

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CDH, time for the litter box to move outside...

You're in coyote country, you live rural or in the 'burbs? I'm rural here, crats don't last long on the outside, what with 'yotes, fox, and hungry lizards. Yankeetown has a lot going for it... Wink

Congrats on the family BTW, take good care of them.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.KeepA.WaryEye

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Dan, Corpus Christi isn't big enough to have anything qualifying as a suburb, but I am out on the edge of town...the edge of the Gulf of Mexico that is. It is a little subdivision built around a series of canals that empties into the Intracoastal Waterway. 'Yotes don't mind the close quarters, I have seen much sign that they are around, including a few sightings in my front yard when leaving for early AM hunting/fishing trips. There lots of little nibblers in the canal though...hmmmmmm, can one of your lizards come over to play?

quote:
Congrats on the family BTW, take good care of them

Thanks. We are poster childern for why one shouldn't wait until later in life to start a family (wifee needed lots of medical help to get our first one here), AND have a poster child to illustrate that it can turn out okay in the end.

www.AllsWellThat.EndsWell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have two crats. And Wifey wants babies. Time to get creative...........

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
What I told my wife when I broke down,,,Well honey,,when I opened the door,,it bolted out,[It was a hobby it liked],And went over that hill so fast I never saw it again.Maby it will come back later,,,That was 6 years ago,,,Still waiting,,Clay,P.S. Yes the p.o.s. had literally eaten my steak and shit on my potatoes. I truly without a doubt hate them.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
quote:
And went over that hill so fast I never saw it again

ROFLMAO!

What did you put on it's ass, kerosene and a lighted match?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not have the cat tested?!?

It only costs around $80. It is a common misconception that ALL cats carry it, but in fact it is a myth. ONLY about 50% of outdoor cats get it and it can only be spread with contact of the cat's waste. All of my wife's cats have been tested and none carry the bug. Most people think it's a known or given with cats, but in fact only around 50% of OUTDOOR cats carry it! By the way, my brother-in-law is a vet, so I follow his advice before hearsay!

Also, if you cat is an indoor only cat, and you have it tested as negative. Then, the chances the cat will ever get it are very rare! About the only way the cat could get it then, is if you introduced another outdoor cat to the mix.

Posts: 68 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
CDH,,Have you ever broken the neck of a winged goose? Roll Eyes Here kitty kitty,,,,then a few twirls,,,,,

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CDH...canals...Gulf of Messico...big fish with sharp white teeth... You really should begin taking your cat fishing. Who knows, it might choke on a catfish if you catch one small enough. Wink

My .02 worth goes to the CB short. A worthy DG round if ever there was one! thumb You can buy a lot of them for $80.00.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.MyFriends.TheSharks

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Spoken like areal TROLL! Come in here on 6 April and start that cat lover junk. Well, just carry yout butt back to your cave.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KMM, I don't kill cats for sport, or for food, or even for pleasure. I kill them just to know that I can cause pain, suffering and death to some other living thing.

Oooooh, yeah!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote