Find
Notify
Tools

Sudden Impact
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Witnessed an accident last week. A guy dozed off momentarily and left the road at 60 MPH and hit a tree head on. Stopped to render aid and expected to find a corpse. Surpise - the driver survived with only a scrape on his knee. Looked into the car to check for other passengers since this guy was a bit dazed. Saw this guys coat up on the dash and reached for it since it was snowing. Coat felt funny. It was his cat plastered against the windshield and wedged against the top of the dash. No more meow from him. Told the driver and he said "Oh shit, its my wife's cat!" Then a grin slowly came across his face.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
OEH, you have the weirdest dreams!

~Ann

Posts: 19167 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bm-3
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should start wrighting a book and things that have happend to cats?

Posts: 86 | Location: Idaho, Boise. | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That gives a whole new meaning to the term "Wedgie", huh? I wonder if a big plastic barrel barrier full of crats could have saved the car if it was in front of the tree?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.CatSplat.Du

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aspen Hill Adventures,

Yep, I have some weird dreams. But even weirder are the things I see happen around me. Life is a very strange experience when you watch the details. I don't think anyone would publish a book for me. It would offend too many people. If you watch people long enough it becomes obvious that they react to life based on the rules they were taught by the people in their environment. It is funny when you see two sets of beliefs
interact like when the Navy wife took their puppy to a Philipino restaurant and the cook served them the
cooked puppy. One set of expectations made that a horrible experience while another thought it was very normal. Neither was "wrong", just different. This forum discusses the differences between the behaviour of
cat lovers and cat haters and some of it is definitely amusing.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
O.E.H.,,,Did you give the dude the addy. to the crat forums? I truly hate them,,The damn things will eat your steak then go over and shit of your potatoes Mad Kill'em ALL!!!! gunsmile Dan,,talking about wedgies,,,,I was about to pull in to my driveway last week when I noticed some police activity about a 1/4 mile up the road,,so I turned off the blinker and proceeded towards those flashing lights,When I got there a honda civic had went and completely wedged itself under a propane delivery truck that was pulling out of a driveway EekerHave fun!!!!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Talk about a gas problem! Eeker

OEH, I think much the same about reality vs. imagination. The funny stuff is usually real. Reading your posts though, I'm left with the impression that you might be a bit more observant and patient. I tend to being jittery if not under pressure. Not that I miss being a Cav Pilot or Air Traffic Controller mind you. Whacking crats is my third career, it takes awhile to adjust. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Careful.Observation

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's nothing. I saw a cat the day before yesterday, who tried to cross the four lane highway I drive home on. Boy, did that cat have a lot of guts. And I mean a LOT Of guts. They were smeared for about 15 yards down the road!!!!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
They were smeared for about 15 yards down the road!!!!

And if ya get in them at night,going Interstate speeds,they slop up in the wheel wells like mud.

Spatty ,clomp ,thud , bip ,bip bip.*

* stringy piece caught in the CVJ boot. wave

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Claybuster,

I didn't think to give the guy this site's address. I was totally in amazement that the dude was even alive, let alone having only a small scratch on his knee after hitting a tree head on at 60 MPH. I was so impressed with the Ford Taurus's safety factor in that collision that I wrote Ford and told them that their employees should be proud about saving a life. And I hate Fords almost as much as feral cats.
I am not exaggerating, the car was DEMOLISHED, but the area around the driver was intact and the air bag actually worked. My first job out of college was as a field claims adjuster in southern Calfornia. I have seen thousands of cars from wrecks and delt with the human aftermath of the collisions. I truly expected the driver to go away in a body bag. Add to this the fact that he had a Nuclear powered measuring device in the trunk and it survived without a scratch.

This is one guy that can tell his wife the cat is dead and not catch any flack from her. Somewhat envious
position.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yo Dan, At least when you were in the Cav( thumb) you could express your displeasure with the a--holes you had to deal with. That inability is what causes problems for so many ATC's. derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
derf, I tried for 20 years or so to get those rat-bastards to put a flex mount sight on the sectors. Why is it that management wussies never have the extra couple of IQ points necessary to make real people out of them? bewildered

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Fight.OrFlight

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, That's one of the good things about where I work, folks listen to us regarding our inovations. We just finished a design with Dillon for a gatlin mount on the Blackhawk. You sure you don't want to work a little longer?

Bob Mehaffey

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob, well damn son...that is tempting! beer Can I hide my wings and just be a door gunner? Confused

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.PTL.andPassTheAmmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can be anything you want. If they hire you as a door gunner that's what you'll be. Seriously, it's a good company to work for.

Bob Mehaffey

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote