Find
Notify
Tools

Crathunting vehicle!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted
I hope one of you won the auction for this beauty, just think about feeling of driving around in the neighburhood hunting crats with four shooters on the top. A cooler have to be installed of course.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4533190325

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Very cool, but it looks like it needs a lot of repairs.

~Ann

Posts: 19196 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is the nature of swamp buggies to always look in need of repair, just like their owners. Wink It's the dog/master syndrome.

They are rather remarkable vehicles, surprisingly quiet(if manifold gaskets are in repair), and quite adept at plowing thru all manner of aquatic obstacles. The one in the aution is obviously of older design for most these days are equipped with automatic transmissions. thumb Hubs should be welded into the 4WD mode IMO.

An excellent vehicle for urban crat fishing I think, take the high ground with you! Sort of a Southern version of Hall's "War Wagon", a noted tool of war in the prairie dog towns in the west.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.SlowBut.Reliable

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
I particularly likes this bit: "There are no brakes. You just roll to a stop. Not a big issue in the woods."

I gives me a strong feeling that the previous owner not only lived in a trailer park but also was rather good at playing banjo... Big Grin

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wrong impression. When you're slogging thru the muck you will stop instantly when you take your foot off the gas. Who needs brakes?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Gasoline.Alley

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Danno.........

You play the banjo? Razzer

Hey, didn't somthing like that buggy appear in Deliverance?

~Ann

Posts: 19196 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
quote:
you will stop instantly when you take your foot off the gas

Not many hills in the swamps either...but I wouldn't want to try it on any sort of hill/rock climbing expedition!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No Annie, and my eyes point in the same direction too! It's not an easy instrument to play when you're missing a digit. Wink Nor is the guitar, which I used to play.

CDH, they have the wrong geometry for hills. Only place on earth they have any use at all is swamps and such. That's why they're called Swamp Buggies. The name "Such Buggy" never caught on. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.MuhName.AintClem