Find
Notify
Tools

Losing targets for fuel?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German inventor has angered animal rights activists with his answer to fighting the soaring cost of fuel -- dead cats.

Christian Koch, 55, from the eastern county of Saxony, told Bild newspaper that his organic diesel fuel -- a home-made blend of garbage, run-over cats, and other ingredients -- is a proven alternative to normal consumer diesel.

"I drive my normal diesel-powered car with this mixture," Koch said. "I have gone 170,000 km (106,000 miles) without a problem."

The website of Koch's firm, "Alphakat GmbH", says his patented "KDV 500" machine can produce what he calls the "bio-diesel" fuel at about 23 euro cents (30 cents) a litre, which is about one-fifth the price at petrol stations now.

Koch said around 20 dead cats added into the mix could help produce enough fuel to fill up a 50-litre (11 gallon) tank.

But the president of the German Society for the Protection of Animals, Wolfgang Apel, said using dead cats for fuel was illegal.

"There's no danger for cats and dogs in Germany because this practice is outlawed in Germany," Apel told Bild on Wednesday in a story entitled "Can you really make fuel out of cats?"

"We're going to keep an eye on this case," Apel said.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Look at it as shooting for the good of the world. Can you see a cull hunt. Heards of crats
to choose from. Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Feral cat fuel. Australia could become energy self-sufficient.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
You guys are genius'es. Think of it. Save spay & nueter costs. End world hunger. No more public expense for do-gooderism. Work the sick, lame & lazy can do for their checks. Start-up small business for developing countries. No more endangered chimp hashbrowns in the Congo. Some cats for fuel, Choice ones for Cat/Dog spam, Vienna sausages, and the primo crats for the luxury markets. Surf & Mew, Broiled medallions de'Tom, and one of my favorites, cat scampi with wild mushrooms and spring onions(with a mild horseradish sauce).

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No more animal shelters. Just feed them in one end of the biodiesel plant, and out the other end, into your gas tank!

It's gotta go beyond just cats, though NS.

Like, what's the use of cremating people any more? Turn them into hydrocarbons!!

All of the leftovers from slaughterhouses - biodiesel!

"What happened to your ex-wife?" - "She's in the car..." Wink

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bet he gets more miles per crat than I do. Frowner Bio-crat fuel, an idea whose time is long past. One could probably find more economy of scale by including the owners in the brew as well. JMO.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Soylent.Green

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, when I clicked on that link it came up dead. However, Google redirected me to the actual sight.

http://www.Soylent.Green.Is.People.com

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about http://www.soylent.crats ? Good Luck! roflmao

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.DanThe.GoogleMan

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In regards to the name of the thread you would not actually lose targets for fuel. Just lose the unleaded moniker.

HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

Posts: 206 | Location: Alberta ,Can | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
So it isn't socially responsible to take bodies to the nearest pet food plant?

Now I have to fine a Bio-diesel plant.

These government regulation are makin it tough for a hit man to make an honest living.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These government regulation are makin it tough for a hit man to make an honest living.

Ain't that the truth! Eeker

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Dwindling.Herds

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 55 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do ya get higher octane if you use cheetahs? ConfusedWould you run into difficulty with the Mann Act for transporting across state lines? bewildered Does this prove that a little pussy is good for everyone? Smiler

Curious minds wanna know.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.PUSSY.POWER

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about that, but a little beaver is good for you.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I think, while cheetahs may be higher octane quickie pussey can have unwanted side effects.
The Mann act only protects the living, not processed pussies. A little can be a good thing
and a fuel saver in yous home state. It proves that Quick pussy across state lines may not be good for you at all Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
How about "Soylent Octane!!"

It's cats!!!!! Its Cats!!!!

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheete may be a higher octane but remember,"Nothing Runs Like a Deer"! thumb jump derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German inventor has angered animal rights activists with his answer to fighting the soaring cost of fuel -- dead cats.

Christian Koch, 55, from the eastern county of Saxony, told Bild newspaper that his organic diesel fuel -- a home-made blend of garbage, run-over cats, and other ingredients -- is a proven alternative to normal consumer diesel.

"I drive my normal diesel-powered car with this mixture," Koch said. "I have gone 170,000 km (106,000 miles) without a problem."

The website of Koch's firm, "Alphakat GmbH", says his patented "KDV 500" machine can produce what he calls the "bio-diesel" fuel at about 23 euro cents (30 cents) a litre, which is about one-fifth the price at petrol stations now.

Koch said around 20 dead cats added into the mix could help produce enough fuel to fill up a 50-litre (11 gallon) tank.

But the president of the German Society for the Protection of Animals, Wolfgang Apel, said using dead cats for fuel was illegal.

"There's no danger for cats and dogs in Germany because this practice is outlawed in Germany," Apel told Bild on Wednesday in a story entitled "Can you really make fuel out of cats?"

"We're going to keep an eye on this case," Apel said.

ahahaah i was thinking kinda the same thing only with fox

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hate to have to report this folks, but the latest scientific reports indicate that the German research on cat fuel was erroneous. As it turned out, someone pitched a flattened roadkill cat into the boiling cauldron of biomass the company was cooking up to test because they were pissed off, the second shift came on, it being a friday, the start of shift sampling was done sloppily, and a liberal reporter dating a third shift, second class lab tech thought he was on to something when he heard his sweetie-frau gushing over her little cat during a romp in the hay. Cats still are not worth a damn, having less fuel potential than a bovine fart.

one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
There is another fellow here in the southeast who is making fuel from chicken fat. throw the cats in too, i say; can't be any worse.

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good thickener for spotted owl soup!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
The highly touted spotted owl raised our pallet prices 60%,,which was completely re-directed to our customers,Who grumbled a good bit,,we now get most of our pallets back,,And we give them full credit for them,we are not pallet mfgrs.,,and we don't sell pallets,,The pallet charge on the ticket is our cost to replace.Unfortuneately,,the fattest,,most fuel worthy crats are the ones that never leave the house. Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
If dead cats would make good fuel just think what live cats would do they could keep the mix stirred up. thumb Here Kitty Kitty

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote