Find
Notify
Tools

How Is Your Home Guarded....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted
..... from the crat hoard when you are away?

My buddy Grizz takes care of my lite work.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a weenie dog named jasmine... but she is meaner than she sounds of course sofa Also got a terrier but she likes the crats. Might have to convert her back to the "light side".

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Good God Thats A Big Ass Dog !!!

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aren't you glad crats don't get that big? I'd have to get a big bore if they did.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
I've considered getting Grizz a higher protein dog food but he seems happy to supply his own suppliments.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Picture of eriklupust
posted Hide Post
man i love labs!!

Posts: 21 | Location: bc michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Purist call his breed "Rotten Lab."

That's caus of the Rottweiler daddy.

One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
Now, is he guarding your cat "hoard" or is he guarding you from the cat "horde?" It's quite a difference in semantics, depending on how you spell it.

Now, if you have a cat "hoard", is it because you (shudder) love cats, or are you a selfish bastard and keeping all those furry targets to yourself?

Inquiring minds want to know.

www.itbetterbethelastone.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
No targets of opportunity at my place.
I do, on occasion, see him trotting across the lawn with an extreemly limp and tattered crat in his mouth.
This is much better than the Rotweiler bitch I had. She would carry them around by the head but wouldn't kill them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How is my home guarded? Well, y'all know there's gators and 'black mammas'. Red Face I got water on two sides, so I know which way trouble's coming from, and a clear view to boot. Different sized pills for different problems I guess. bewildered I suppose that when viewed from the street it looks a lot more benign than it really is, but that's just the way I look at it.

Dan

POTYHC

www.Levergun.Fun

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I had a 1/2 lab kinda looked like that without the white,,daddy was an irish setter,,her looks were pure lab,,size,,paws,,head,,tail,,and hair for the most part,,but had a reddish tinge to it.She never got that fatty layer that labs get,,she stayed lean,,and lived to hunt,,Went nuts over water fowl,,wood duck in the summer would give her fits,,let her get close,,dive and pop up 50 yds. down stream,,kinda high strung but obedient,,unless a horse happened by,,I'm shure the local amish hated her with a passion,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
HOW DOGS CAME TO BE:

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."
And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."
And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.
And it was a good animal.
And God was pleased.
And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.
And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."
And God said, " I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."
And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.
And they were comforted.
And God was pleased.
And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
My house is gaurded by a licker .
He will bark , but only to tell you to come over and pet him .
Spoiled rotten

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, after last night and this AM, I am thinking that any burgurgler that breaks into here will beat a hasty retreat when he tromps in Crat Barf. Friggin thing ran up the stairs puking all the way and then this AM my sister lets it back into the house and I am woke up by retching and ralphing noises! Frigging cats, if I didn't have so much time and money invested in it, it would go for Lion Dog training! boohoo derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Derf,

Would you like my shipping address?

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Friggin thing ran up the stairs puking all the way

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

HaHaHaHa,,,,went there the other night, in the dark,,,,in socks. Frowner

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I feel for ya there derf,,been there before,,When hers finally passed away,,as a grievance gift,,I re-carpeted the entire upstairs on the promise it would'nt be replaced,,so far,,so good!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is usually how I find them PT, in the dark,in stocking feet,stumbling to the bathroom in the middle of the night for a pee! Roll Eyes
It has been quiet since then. I have altered her food as she seems to be allergic to the Whiskas Seafood. Just as an aside here, that stuff is a bit expensive but I have yet to meet a crat that wouldn't gorge itself when the WS was offered. Should make good bait for Crats and Coons. Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote