Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New game found to hunt
 Login/Join

posted
I live in Miami and I was walking around my house looking for something new to shoot, I dont like killing birds cause they make too much ruckus when they are shot, so I was looking around and this little lizard catches my eye. If you have ever lived or been in Miami you know that there are a ton of little puny lizards everywhere, so I got my dad's old crossman lever action bb gun and took it out from about 25 feet away, the bb entered around the bottom of his neck and almost decapitated him from just how small the lizard was, even I was amazed I made that shot, it was flawless. Have you guys ever hunted any real small game with bbs or pellets?

Posts: 27 | Location: The 'burbs of Miami, Florida | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
I have used .22LR with pellets to shoot dragonflies, mills, bubble bees and butterflies..
We`re talking about trigger happiness, right..? jump

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course we are! All my neighbors in Miami were like that! Rat-a-tat-tat!

Used to shoot flys with a BB pistol as a kid, then just plinked my toe nails when there weren't any flys around. Wasn't very powerful. Frowner Still, it would pretty much make a fly disappear. My first experience with the Red Mist theory.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.GarbageCan.Grunt

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is great theres moths that grow te be about 2" long in one of the areas where I work and I've been trying to justify the purchase of a new shotgun (I would have anyway)but this makes it easy.

HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

Posts: 206 | Location: Alberta ,Can | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Try shooting bats at dusk with a 410 or 22 birdshot.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
I killed a snake once with a .22 airgun, it was a Daisy, i do not know what kind of snake it was except that it was raising its head looking around and stayed still too long.

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elkman, I'll give ya $5 for every bat ya drop with .22 shot loads. Mebbe even with the .410. Boy's gotta be on his toes to connect on one of those peckers.

OTOH, Win. .22 shot loads and carpenter bees are a hoot on a hot summer day. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.KnowYour.Limitations

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hyena
posted Hide Post
I have used small bird seed in my pump air rifle to shoot moths in the garage.

Posts: 38 | Location: Michiganistan | Registered: 02 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Digitaldan....I didn't say kill bats!!! It is fun and I have hit a few,it is kind of a flurry type of activity because it is getting dark but it is fun shooting..you would not go broke with your $5.00 offer!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't I know it! beer

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Sure.Bets

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is an airgun board here and you will find some very serious airgun hunters there. You will also find that many use some pretty serious airguns--not your typical bb gun. Lawdog Gary for example hunts turkeys with his air rifles. I don't like snakes,but I wont kill just any snake,but will kill poisonous ones. I have killed rattlesnakes with my Sheridan Blue Streak pellet rifle. I have purple martin houses and starlings and sparrows try to nest in them. Sparrows to me are like having a mouse in your house. I shoot the sparrows and starlings on a routine basis with various air rifles. The purple martins are very desirable to have around as they only eat bugs,with mosquitoes being a large part of their diet. I understand the same is true of bats. Now the biggest thing I have shot with a bb gun. There was this big mountain,I mean HUGE. At a certain elevation was a line where above it there was snow. Below it was green grass. I took very careful aim. I shot where half my bb was in green and other half in snow. That mountain line was the biggest thing I shot with a bb gun.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
That mountain line was the biggest thing I shot with a bb gun.

roflmao roflmao roflmao

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Great shot C-man. We need all the help we can get around here.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a moon once, but it wasn't as big as a mountain. I'm impressed! Big Grin It was a cold night though, and the car was doin' about 50.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Blue.Moon

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shooting bats, at dusk, with a .410 is absolute hell on gutters and second story windows.

It also made my ass hurt pretty good, thanks to my dad's overdeveloped right arm.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Two girls(?) shoot the moon at me once as I crossed the intercoastal waterway to Jekyl Island via the drawbridge. You see I was held captive up there and they were in this speeding boat and...

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote