New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to Do?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a quandary--I mow lawns for extra cash to feed my deer hunting habit and one of my customers asked me what he could do about crats crapping all over his place. Supressing a smile, I told him he could talk to his neighbors, call the sheriff's dept and talk to animal control, or turn the task over to me. He quickly asked me what I would do. I said there are three options: poison, pellet rifle, and Havahart swimming pools (the house is on a lake with a boat dock).

The one problem: the neighbor who has the shed the crat and 5 krittens live under is a sunbather of mammoth proportions and I enjoy the view while mowing. How am I going to manage to get this done without spoiling things for the whole summer?

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
At night. sofa

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
You could go fishing for cats like I do. Early in the spring I start crappie fishing all around the lake as the fish start staging for the spawn. On my trips I start tossing little friskies, old, stinky shrimp from Jim my supermarket meet cutter buddy, and my own secret recipe of cat attractor nuggets on the lawns, decks and boat docks of the well-off lake dwellers. Pretty soon the cats are waiting for me on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays. Sometimes the wimmen out sunbathing, when it warms up, wave , some doff their tops when they think you can't see(8XSteiners-HA!), and one or two have had me in for a friendly drink and afternoon chat. Most don't pay no mind and a rare one or two says to keep the .... of the dock. I think the crats can hear my 1963 Everrude longshaft coming. I even keep to schedule in the rain or cold and so do the crats. I catch a lot of big crappie. BUT, soon I got the 20 pound spiderwire on my Ambassadeur and a 1/0 treble in the chunks, drag set at fourteen. Its thrilling to see when the puss charges the bait and strikes, tailwalks, and fights, and then starts to run for cover so you got to turn them and head out to sea. It takes about two hundred yards of full throttle to make a crat give up and sink. Many sleep with Lucca Bracca. I only got caught once when I nailed a huge fat white trophy angora on a very precise cast under a boat shed and had to blame that on the rotten cat grabbing my bait when the fat lady hollered at me. That was the one that got away. Yepper, that's how it is, N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frosty03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Cale:
At night. sofa

Crats are nocturnal. Get you one of those headlamps from Wallyworld that has a red led on it. Believe it or not, no one else can see what you are doing.

We use them on the beach for fishing at night. The guy 50 feet away can never tell if you have a fish or what. I like that.

Posts: 42 | Location: Florida | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
a sunbather of mammoth proportions

Not sure what you mean by that...getting conflicting visions there and all... Perhaps a flyrod and "maimed quiar nymph" will work? Make sure you're presenting to the right crat/kritten etc....

Dan

POTYHC

www.Advice.FromTheExperts

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote