Find
Notify
Tools

gladi8or
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello guys !
Wanted to share my joy with you because here's my new baybe: http://www.straightshooters.com/logun/logungladia8or.html
Dunno how to post pictures, but you get the idea...
Been playing with it the whole week end, and i can tell you the thing is everything the ad says: Very accurate (.20 inch at 50 yards), and its so powerful !!!
Three levels available, but i use only the highest. With a sound moderator (SAK), it hardly makes any real noise, it feels like a "air release" noise, nothing like a shot.
With Air arms pellets, scope set at 45 yards, I have a 10 inch drop at 100. Quite like a subsonic .22 :-)
Killed 8 barn pigeons, 4 magpies and a starling, from 20 to 93 meters !!!) . All went straight down...
Oh boy ! Can't wait to try it on a crat !!!
I'll keep you posted on the new trials...

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Nice piece there Oscar,,I'm happy for ya!!! Are you using a hand pump,or, a scuba tank to fill? Put my air rifles out to pasture for a spell,,toting a .22mag rifle and a ruger 22/45 for close up stuff,,,Don't get me wrong,,I have great respect for air power,,expecially pcp units,,But there's nothing like a kill and the fragrance of burnt gun powder wafting through the air in the spring time!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Clay,

I use a scuba tank, it's really easy ;-)
True, gun smoke has a smell I just love. Especially the one of winch subso HP. Dunno what they put in them, but I would shoot just fort the odor ;-)
As for PCPs, they are great toys, a dream made true: at last, a powerful airgun on which a scope will stay... Besides, accuracy is just GREAT and practicing is nearly free. And best of all, they are SO QUIET, the discharge is nothing like a gun noise...
I'm going for a 2 days hunt after nutria, The tommie (TC carbine, 22 hornet) is coming !!!
Pictures will come.
Cheers
olivier

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Did you ever inflate a cat the way they inflate balloons at the supermarket? I wonder if there is a video.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that's an idea, N.S !
Never inflated any crat with air, but once, I made a second rear hole in a crat, with a 40gr SX from a friend's 222, 10 meters. Far a second, we clearly watched the beast double in volume ;-)

One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
You can spare the expense of the air rifle by just launching the scuba tank using PVC pipe and a sledgehammer on the valve.

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Oscar,,I fill mine the same way,,numerous scuba shops around here,,truly recoiless shooting is a gas,,and watching every round travel from gun to target is awesome,,you know if you pulled it before it hits! Panzer,,Did you happen to tour the pacific? I had a wwII vet for a prof. He mentioned doing that to o2 cylinders off the bow,,but betting on the distance travelled,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote