The Accurate Reloading Forums
gladi8or

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2121043/m/742108944

21 March 2006, 02:32
oscar_delta
gladi8or
Hello guys !
Wanted to share my joy with you because here's my new baybe: http://www.straightshooters.com/logun/logungladia8or.html
Dunno how to post pictures, but you get the idea...
Been playing with it the whole week end, and i can tell you the thing is everything the ad says: Very accurate (.20 inch at 50 yards), and its so powerful !!!
Three levels available, but i use only the highest. With a sound moderator (SAK), it hardly makes any real noise, it feels like a "air release" noise, nothing like a shot.
With Air arms pellets, scope set at 45 yards, I have a 10 inch drop at 100. Quite like a subsonic .22 :-)
Killed 8 barn pigeons, 4 magpies and a starling, from 20 to 93 meters !!!) . All went straight down...
Oh boy ! Can't wait to try it on a crat !!!
I'll keep you posted on the new trials...
21 March 2006, 06:50
claybuster
Nice piece there Oscar,,I'm happy for ya!!! Are you using a hand pump,or, a scuba tank to fill? Put my air rifles out to pasture for a spell,,toting a .22mag rifle and a ruger 22/45 for close up stuff,,,Don't get me wrong,,I have great respect for air power,,expecially pcp units,,But there's nothing like a kill and the fragrance of burnt gun powder wafting through the air in the spring time!!!!Clay
22 March 2006, 02:55
oscar_delta
Hello Clay,

I use a scuba tank, it's really easy ;-)
True, gun smoke has a smell I just love. Especially the one of winch subso HP. Dunno what they put in them, but I would shoot just fort the odor ;-)
As for PCPs, they are great toys, a dream made true: at last, a powerful airgun on which a scope will stay... Besides, accuracy is just GREAT and practicing is nearly free. And best of all, they are SO QUIET, the discharge is nothing like a gun noise...
I'm going for a 2 days hunt after nutria, The tommie (TC carbine, 22 hornet) is coming !!!
Pictures will come.
Cheers
olivier
23 March 2006, 23:10
N. S. Sherlock
Did you ever inflate a cat the way they inflate balloons at the supermarket? I wonder if there is a video.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd
24 March 2006, 01:28
oscar_delta
Now that's an idea, N.S !
Never inflated any crat with air, but once, I made a second rear hole in a crat, with a 40gr SX from a friend's 222, 10 meters. Far a second, we clearly watched the beast double in volume ;-)
24 March 2006, 18:51
panzerguy
You can spare the expense of the air rifle by just launching the scuba tank using PVC pipe and a sledgehammer on the valve.
25 March 2006, 02:48
claybuster
Oscar,,I fill mine the same way,,numerous scuba shops around here,,truly recoiless shooting is a gas,,and watching every round travel from gun to target is awesome,,you know if you pulled it before it hits! Panzer,,Did you happen to tour the pacific? I had a wwII vet for a prof. He mentioned doing that to o2 cylinders off the bow,,but betting on the distance travelled,,Clay