New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found Religion tonight!!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My young Lad has been on at me to take him Spotlighting! Now I make my living with a Spotlight so it's not my idea of a great "day" out to do it where there is no chance of profit !
Well today he had me cold to rights .He had managed to get a rather large sum of money from a local property owner who Pays a $60.00 bounty on Dog scalps taken on his land .My lad the budding Euntenpenure Had found a dog that had been hit by a car & waste not want not scalped it & got me to "cash" it in for him (I do'nt know who taught him that trick????) So he offered to pay for Fuel & Ammo! I agreed on the condition that he would drive & shot & i would do nothing but sit back & work the light! He has an old car which has been stripped as a Bush basher.
We were going great until a Roo ventured past.I pointed out that although he could'nt shoot it ,he could give chase if he wanted ! He did & I found religion! I just sat Screaming OH GOD OH GOD until it got through a fence! I now know why as a youth our parents never really bothered comming out with us Eeker

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you had fun with your boy, he'll remember nights like that for many years to come, if you both can live that long with him driving....but hey I did.

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the "chip off the old block" epiphany got you there mate. That is one of the signs of early onset oldtimers. Indeed, so is the recognition why the your parents didn't go out with you so much either. Welcome to the club. N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A clear demonstration on the differences in perspective betwixt those with high testosterone, and less of same. Amazing that young fellas survive technology, what?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.WasHeFourWheel.Driftin?

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
hauling ass through the oil trail at a high rate of speed,going to my faviorite fishing hole,,,Thought I knew it like the back of my hand bewilderedBut dad had his excavator operator "change" the route earlier that day,,,And remove a few more trees,,,,I had my rods ready and folded on the dash,,,,Hit a 40' wide by 6'deep pit in the original path EekerIt took 20 minutes to get the hooks out of my scalp thumbdownClay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hit a 40' wide by 6'deep pit in the original path EekerIt took 20 minutes to get the hooks out of my scalp thumbdownClay

Ouch!!!!!!!!! thumbdown bawling

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote