THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Hey Poletax, sharpen your pencil.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Poletax, sharpen your pencil.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Frosty03
posted
I noticed you were contemplating on a pitching machine conversion for some fine furry launching.

I have a situation here and need help with the problem.

Crat disposal. Living in the burbs means I have to use stealth (See silencer and Haveacrat traps.)

I have been thinking though, I live about a mile from the Gator Farm (Zoo). stir

Big Grin See where I am going with this?

Ok, outside fence is along a four-lane highway. The fence is 12' high and made of wood. From what I can calculate, the inner fence that contains the gators is located about 50' from the outer fence and is approx 6' high.

The outter fence has a sidewalk right alongside it. There is a grassy knoll Roll Eyes across the highway on the other side.

Ok, this is where the physics come in, what would it take to put on over the first fence, and about 60 feet further and clear the 6' gator fence to deposit cargo into the target area?

Here is a pic that should give some insight. The names have been changed to protect the innocent gators as well as the location. This is not the actual location, but very similiar.

We can call the first four Tom, Ralph, Norton and Alice.

Posts: 42 | Location: Florida | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
I think it would be worth your while to drive up to Tybee Island in Georgia, and just feed them to the gators at The Crab Shack. That way you wouldn't have to pay the 50 cents for the gator food. (Insert the sounds of screaming and sobbing children, here.)

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the insanity,Frosty03.
Them there are some good lookin' Gates.Dan would be proud.
I don't see much of a problem delivering crats to that feeding ground.Most gators I been around,(more than I wanted)will feed at night.Under a full moon,you can sneak around without too much trouble.
Now a crat tossed in all them leezards will high tail it outta there,so ya gotta even up the playing field.
Duct tape the crats FRONT legs together.This not only slows em down some,it also makes for alot of noise.Gators love noise.If the crat lands in the water thats even better.Taped up it would make noise much like a top-water popper. Smiler
If you have more than one serving,attach collars to three or four and tie all together with 3 foot of Parachute cord to each.
If you spin this assembly around your head with both arms,you will create a Bolo(google please) effect.Besides getting great range,the gates will thank you for their new squeak toys.After two or three nites of catering,you can walk among em,they might even follow ya home.

p.s.I like the small one about 9:00 in the pic.
You could almost consealed carry that one.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
poletax-

Imagine this--your bolo hangs over a limb with the weights equidistant from the limb (read two of them scratching, screeching, and caterwauling) dangling over the munching machines gathered below waiting for one to fall. Wouldn't that be a sight for the zookeeper to find first thing in the morning? Who's gonna walk in there and remove them from the tree? How about asking someone to shoot the rope in two and just let nature take its course? Isn't that what the huggers are always advocating--letting nature take its course? And, did you notice that the big one in the foreground is already grinning in anticipation - either he read your post or mine.

And, I just thought of another use for the bolo--hang one over a south Tx mesquite limb and voila!!! -- we have an instant coyote caller.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
So, you want to launch a crat to a swarm of gates clearing a 12' fence near and a 6' fence far. Now my trebouchet cratlauncher idea mounted in a pickup would work. You could even do a drive-by.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Somebody get me the ranging data from the nearest walmart parking lot. I'll go down and set up my trampoline crat launcher with the double garage door springs. It can launch a whole seabag of crats one time. pg might have to help me workout the azimuth part. pt can start collecting cat threesomes to put in the bag.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
pt can start collecting cat threesomes to put in the bag.

Bolo'd,,,we'll call this 'Rigging-Grapeshot'.

I'd like to watch a seabag of these launched down a row of parking meters. Smiler

My God ,why do I come in here? Frowner

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
Think about the tater canon that DD posted on. It has merit.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote