Find
Notify
Tools

Reynard Is Dead!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
clap Ding! Dong! Reynard is dead, the wicked fox, Reynard is dead! Ding! Dong! It's really, finally dead! clap

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I finally got him. He's killed 15 hens and no more now. The fox was going through 8 strands of electric wire and jumping 4 feet of woven fence topped with more electric just to get at my birds. Had to get the snares out to catch him, he was too smart for calling. Funny he wasn't too smart for how I snared him. HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Like Trophy Tom, I will be saving THAT skull too. beer

Never scorn a woman. We like our revenge. shame

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well now, that's a good night's work Annie, where's the beer ?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.OutFoxed.Fox

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
"The female of the species is more deadly than the male."

That fox found out that Kipling did know a thing or two, and then it was too late... thumb

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Good job !

I have never snared fox ,but I used to trap them with leghold traps and know how smart they are.

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Foxes be an arrogant sort, but in the main I don't bother them as they kill crats like it was their purpose in life. thumb

One once said to me in a drunken moment, "If all them young ladies was little red foxes, well I am a fox so I'd tickle their ...." He passed out before finishing, I'll always suspect it had a bawdy ending.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.SharksInThe.Ocean

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't like them much if you saw what I saw and had to do what I had to do. One fine June morning went sour fast when I saw 10 birds lying scattered about the pasture half eaten, some still alive. The live ones, terrified and writhing in pain and the dead ones only partially eaten. It just killed to kill.

I hope the damn thing suffered for a long time in that snare. Yep, this was a very personal mission. It was the hardest thing I had to do, to finish off birds I raised from the egg who only knew me as "mom". They were so badly maimed I could not believe they were alive. It was the most pathetic and cruel thing I have ever seen.

Anyway, the farm is quiet for now. Hopefully no more foxes and coyotes. I'll be ready for them, just in case.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Ann,

I was raised on a farm in the midwest and cut my teeth on hen killing foxes... My only weapon was a trusty 22lr single shot. Roll Eyes

For some reason hunting has seemed pretty easy since then. Big Grin

Reynard is about as smart as an animal can get... Especially when he knows he's being hunted and they seem to enjoy killing chickens especially. bewildered

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, don't misunderstand, I'd whack one in a New Yawk second if I had the need. Wink My thoughts reflect observation, not admiration. They are a big vector for rabies in this part of the world.

He said on our second meeting, "If all them young ladies was diamonds and rubys, and I was a jeweler I'd polish their .....", before he passed out again. Frowner

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Naughty.Tunes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figured as much Danno, I guess I just had to let off some steam. After thinking about that fox it just brought back some awful images in my mind.

Now it is time to get that black feral. I saw him tonight but he saw me at the same time. Need to time things a bit better. I'll get him too. gunsmile

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, time to dust off the 10/22 and the squeaker! beer Good Hunting. gunsmile

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.MakeSureThat.CratDontHunt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody Good job Ann! thumbThe only good Fox is a dead one I'm dingo baiting at the moment& the added bonus is the Foxes that I getting !(we sell the skins) When Roo shooting I've been doing a "Gut" & shone my work light around & the foxes have been sitting like Vultures waiting for me to move on ! I always give em Hell! My wife is a deft hand with the 410 or her 22 when our Chooks(chickens) start to get worked up of a night

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job of ridding yourself of that treacherous fox!

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ever seen a fox tree ? A mate told me he saw 7 deadies hanging in a tree near the road recently . I can't be bothered picking them up but wouldn't be too hard to do better than that on a good night out in Oz .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
B'chook,

A photo of such a tree would warm my heart. I will be putting out a new snare set this weekend. Just in case there are others who have not gotten the message. wave

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
Foxes - another viewpoint .I don't have chickens so that's not a problem.I knew there was a fox around my small piece of property since I saw scat and that contained squirrel fur and the squirrels started to decrease.There also had been no mice in the house for a while. Then the fox took to take afternoon naps on my lawn.At the present time - no more squirrels , no more mice, and even the woodchucks I wanted to pop off are gone !They're not all bad . Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mete.

We had a fox at home that used to pass through at 08.00 each morning and back at 20.00 each evening. The wife wouldn't let me deal with him as he was keeping the rabbits down in the horse pens, and she had the idea that less bunnies meant less holes for her nags to get their feet in. This went on for some time till we were out one weekend and he stopped at the chook pen and robbed me of a few. So next morning at 07.55 l turned the buggers clock off perminently.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote