New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ethics question?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When my girlfriend, my velociraptors disguised as german pointing shorthairs and myself go driving out on the country we seldom pass up an opportunity to stretch a cat. Sometimes however, the cats make it to the telephone pole before the dogs make it to the cat.
Therein lies my question. Mister tat is halfway up the pole. If I shoot it outright I can't claim complete credit for the kill, because Magda and Petra put him up there for me. If I wing him so he drops into the slavering teutonic jaws on his way to Dante's seventh circle of hell, the dogs can't claim total credit because of my assistance.
How do I accord credit? 1/2 cat credit to them and me in both instances? 2/3 and 1/3? 1/3 and 2/3?
I was going to write to Dear Abby, but she's dead, so that won't help.
Thanks,
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Always be generous in accounting for the success of the hunt.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
lawndart,

Remember, you are part of a team, the team gets the point. You are the coach/part-time player, taking the field is your dynamic duo, The Teutonic Cat Strechers. You provide the transportation, the insperation, any needed assitance, and the rewarding of the duo for a job well done. So take pride in your group. It is also nice that your two girls can also find feathered ditch dragons.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You may be unaware that in fact there is an Aunt Tabby that posts here when one has a question of that nature.

To my way of thinking, the dogs get zero since they let the crat get up the pole. You get zero for poorly training your dogs, your lady gets 100% for good camera work and a damn fine attitude!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Teutonic.Logic

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Isn't the purpose of the point to indicate where the cat is holding? A velociraptor that grabbed my game would get my L.L. Bean up ....... That the pole is vertical is a complex factor. I assume the raptorgesnarlinund snappenfangen ist hunten mit a good sense of smell, not sight. Phew!

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
I have a solution. Buy or Build a water balloon slingshot and knock said tabby off the pole where the "woofers" can finish the job

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawdart--A most serious situation. Dear Abby being dead seems to leave only one alternative. Dr Phil is not it as he would need to see you,the cat and the pointers. Dr Ruth--well we hope none of this fits into her realm. That only leaves Dr Kavarkian bubba.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is no "I" in TEAM!!

When the Broncos win (or lose) it is because (or fault) of the team right??

I'm just a Wyo boy, but when houndsmen chase lions here, no cat could be harvested without the combined teamwork of man and dog. The man teaches dog, the dog chases cat, the man blasts cat, the dog teaches man.

Circle of life dude, a puss blasted, chalk it up to the team.

Just my .02

MG

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Lawdart,,As long as one of the 4 of you take the p.o.s. out of existance,,,,I'm happy,,and will divide equally for a group effort As a team,,,,you still get 100% You're very lucky to have such a partnership,,,Kill'em all,,,,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There may be no "I" in Team, but there IS an "I" in Win, and a "U" in Suck.

That's what my buddy tells me, anyway....

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for sharing your hard won wisdom.
We are indeed a team.

They had a mid sized Calico treed on Monday evening. They gave me the old "get your lazy self over here and shake this tree" look. So I did.

JCN

http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk/cks2/index2.html

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Quote:

If I shoot it outright I can't claim complete credit for the kill, because Magda and Petra put him up there for me

JNC, is it Magda or Petra who is your girlfriend?

I agree, it is a teamwork... sometimes one teammember takes the burden of the work, sometimes another. It is still the team that scores!

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, did you yell "I'm shakin' it Boss!" when you did that?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.GoTeam.Go!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote