Find
Notify
Tools

Cheat sheet
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted
I came across this in my travels,,thought it was kinda neat,,maby a few of you will feel the same,, http://proofhouse.com/cm/house_brand.htm Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeedy, Thanks Clay! Got some use for that one. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.MyKeyboardGoes.ClacketyClick

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Thanks,claybuster.
A fellow worker partsman here at the plant showed me a shotgun he has.
It's a 'Baystate' bewildered I never heard of that name.I haven't had a chance to research it yet.
Side by side 12 gauge,kinda cheap lookin'. On a sober afternoon, I figure me and the boys could build a similar one. Smiler
If it turns out to be some kinda collectible, I'll try to screw make him an honest offer for it.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
I think I saw somewhere that rather decent Spanish sidelock shotguns were sold by Orvis under the Orvis name. The guns were made by Arrieta I think... Have you seen any of them around?

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
I once owned a "Baystate" sporterized Enfield. Really nice looking gun, with 1941 manufacture dates on both gun and shortened, 5 round magazine. The oddity was, the shortened magazine had "Made in Japan" stamped on it, AND a 1941 manufacture date.

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote