New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winston Salem hunting
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
I am new to the forum, so forgive me if I make a few gaffs here and there. I am Brazilian but live in London, UK. In April 2007 I will going across the pond to the US, more specifically to Winston Salem in North Carolina, for a friend's wedding.
I would like to take the opportunity to do a bit of hunting and check out what our colleagues in the US can find in and around that neck of the woods.
Here in the UK I hunt mainly deer and rabbits, having shot also back in Brazil and Italy for other species.
I would really appreciate if you guys out there could let me know what I could expect to find in the areas around Winston Salem, what game will be in season, etc.
I have heard quite a bit about the turkey hunting in the US, so this to me would be a novelty, as I have never shot any bird bigger than a pheasant.
Any information is much appreciated. I am also a keen and much travelled spearfisherman, so I will be trying to shoot a few fish out in the Gulf Stream and see what it is like. I heard that the sharks are there are pretty vicious, so I may need to double up my life insurance, just in case.
Regards to all and safe shooting,
George Balbino

One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Turkey season starts April 14. Other than that, not too much to hunt. Coyote are open season, no limit, but sometimes hard to find.

You'll probably need to arrange to hunt on private land. North Carolina has lots of public land, but it is usually very crowded with hunters. May be different in Winston Salem than it is where I live.

We have public land within walking distance of my house, and a lot of it, but it is usually full of hunters, and some of them are trigger happy- so wear your orange vest!

NC Hunting Season

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote