THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Great Day Pier Fishin'...........

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Day Pier Fishin'...........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted
I got time to get in three days of Pier fishing w/ a couple of my buddies last month.We fish at different piers down around Morehead City,N.C.
The best part is drinking cold beer at 5:00AM.Bedtime at high noon.
We got all set up catching small Spots and rigging them on Bluefish rigs.My pardner Eric headed to the restroom and asked us if we needed anything.Crackers,smokes ect.
He came back with a cardboard box and a big grin.It seems that after his snackbar/restroom break he went down to the truck to get his Copenhagen.In said parking lot some kids were trying to give away a box of kittens. My hero brought em up and placed them on the pier where we were fishing.
People would walk by and ask us what we were using for bait.
With as straight a face as we could muster we would direct them over to the box.
You would not believe the looks of disgust we got fired at us.The tourist were the most fun.Parents were walking by and holding their children close so they would not venture near us.I was laughing so hard I had to make a restroom break myself.
When I got back ,there was a real yelling match going on.
A couple of tuff guys were about to throw Eric off the pier.
The guy running the place wanted us to pack up and leave.
We had a Hell of a time convincing everyone it was a joke.
Even a cop showed up.He failed to see the humor in our shenanigans.
Each of us are the new owners of a pier kitty now.
Try this on your next outting, maybe you will make the local papers.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
PT, I'm going down there next week for a few days of fishing. Is it best to do the pier thing first, then use your leftover bait surf fishing? N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Thanks for waking this one up.
I had forgot I had even posted it.But I don't forget that adventure. Smiler
I see now that I am livin' large.I fish all the piersfrom Atlantic City to Emerald Isle.
Thanks N.S. This brings back cold Beck's at 4:20 AM.Asleep at 11:38 or noon.Back out on the Pier at 8:35 PM.Gear ,poles and rigs still in the same place.'Gull poop on my book.Oh well, read and fish.
I'm a Millionaire. clap

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Actually not uncommon, so I hear anyway, to use whatever mammalian rodent that is readily available for shark bait around here.

Coons, possums, crats, punt puppies, etc.

One has to be discreet though. So I hear, of course. thumb

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
You would be surprised what you could see from the pier with a pair of 10X50's, while you are waiting for the clicker to "ZZZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ".

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote