New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 down.......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Chalk up #2, went out last evening to feed the fish, and a pretty black lap leopard was in sneak mode on one of my yard rabbits. I had to put it in stealth mode to get back in the house so not to alert the feline. Came back out and found that the lion had snuck off, so I commenced to do a search and destroy. I found him about 50 yards down the gravel road in pre-leap stance along side the ditch. I pulled up my trusty .223 VLS and to my dismay, the scope was fogged up because of the temp change from inside the house to outside (68F to 90F). I then feverishly cleaned both lenses and layed the crosshairs back on him and in that last second of failing light the hunter turned into the hunted. KERSPLAT!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The fog thing is frustration to the max sometimes. A hot bar in your gun storage area will go far to controlling that problem though. Thanks for the help, the vacuum grows!

A Philosophical question: Is red mist still red mist during the hours of darkness?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.WeHaveThe.Technology

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
yes and no.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ned, I see your point. Reminds me of the old question, "If a cat falls from the top of a sequoia while chasing birds, and lands butt first on a misplaced Century Plant and nobody sees it happen. Is it still "Vittles-on-a-Blade"? I think so, but my Ex assured me that even if I spoke in the forest while all alone, I was still wrong. Thank God for Bungee...

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.BungeeWorks.BothWays

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Better yet, be thankful for the Ex files.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote