THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: New to the forum/ here is the toys

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New to the forum/ here is the toys
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All right poletax, go easy on the insanity remarks. We prefer to think of ourseves as enlightened and this section as a den of inequity! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Musket_0
posted Hide Post
My toys for the kitties.

Christmas was truly good around here. The Savage is a 10FP pre-accutrigger in .308, new stock on the way. The other is just an SKS. Bought the wife a Savage 111FCXP3 in .270 for Xmas, along with her own loading press. She is starting to scare me now.
She is a cat lover, but we are working on that! Jeff

Posts: 23 | Location: Traverse City, Michigan. | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Musket, welcome aboard! We're always looking for help in our quest!

I'm not wanting to sound unkind but would like to offer a few pointers...

1) If you ever have to face a crat banzai charge you'll wish your SKS had a select fire mode. You'll never get all 30 rounds off, so lighten the load a bit so's you can RUN faster. Or hunt with somebody that you can out run.

2)bipods are not generally accepted in the world of dangerous game hunting, so I'd ditch those too.

3) The bipod attached to your Savage BARREL will have a very deliterious effect on accuracy. If you must have a bipod use one that is attached to the stock.

Good hunting BTW, and once again, welcome to the Palace of Mirth!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.SharpeningThe.Blade

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote