Find
Notify
Tools

Crows
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted
A friend told me I was'nt allowed to shoot crows on sundays,mondays,or,tuesdays,,Due to something he called the migratory game act,,Can anyone here enlighten me on this subject,,Thanks,,Clay www.KillemAll.com

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CLayBuster,

It all depends on the state when it comes to what days you can slay crows. The Federal laws states that states can have a season on crows of no more that 186 days a year. The only reason that is a law is Becuase a while back Mexico complained(go figure) that we should not hunt crows because that is the Mexican National Bird. Iowa has a fairly restricted season and in Ohio you can only hunt them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But at least that is year round. Crow hunting/shooting is my favorite thing to do. I mean there you are you can hear them in the distance and all of the sudden they fly in and basicly attack from all directions. I rifle hunt them too but it is not as gratifying as shooting them out of the sky.

Well I think I am right about how many days a year the feds' let us at them but dont' quote me on it. It is close to that number though. Kill the damn things any way. Wink

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Go figure,,The crow is the national fricking bird of mexico,,Thats what my friend told me,,I truly thought he was joking,,apparently not,So why did they have a fit when I decimated the stray cats,,I asked them if the things were thiers and told them what it would cost to leagally let them be thiers,,they washed thier hands of the whole deal,,so I cleaned up the mess,Clay www.damndetails.com

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Same law protects Blue Jays and several other birds in the same family .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the "burro-crats" got too inclusive and tried to accommodate the Mexi-crats who were trying to protect the Mexican Jay--another member of the family Corvidae--which includes crows, magpies and jays.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
None of my guns were aware of any of that. Wink I ain't gonna tell 'em either. Wink

Long time back at www.LongRangeHunting.com (Real website rotflmo ) there was a story 'bout a guy that did his first LR kill on a crow. 900+ yards and an earshot to boot...witnessed and photo to show the result. Bet he wasn't thinking about it either. beer

Dan

POTYHC

www.MyFirstWasOnA.SundayWithCBshorts

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Gonna have to delve into my farm management hand book,and,figure out how crows are destroying my crops. www.openseason.com Clay

one of us
posted Hide Post
They start 'cawing' while you're driving around the farm Clay. You look up, start thinking about pullin' the ol' Model 12, and next thing you know you've run over 250 yards of corn.

Dan

POTYHC

www.MakeYouSoMad.YouRunOverTwiceAsMuchNextTime

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna pencil that in between the preface,,and,page 1.Thanks ,Dan!!!!!!!Clay jumping

posted Hide Post
Up here in B.C. Canada you can shoot or kill
crows any way you want all year long.

Posts: 3 | Location: B.C. canada | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The feds do claim jurisdiction over crows by claiming they are migratory. In PA it's not a major problem 'cos the season is Fri, Sat & Sun year round.

I've also noticed game wardens don't spend much time enforcing Crow laws Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bravo Hotel, welcome to the asylum! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
My best crow shooting is wintertime. Those dumba$$ Yankee crows are down here then and will land in the yard or the nekked oak trees in the yard. Out comes the 22mag Win. Low Wall. In the summer the native crows will fly off is they see you from 200 yds away.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Crows will absolutely eat up your sprouting corn patch, gobble up your pecans and generally make you want more rifles and shotguns to defend the homestead with. And they squawk about you when you are trying to be sneaky in the woods. Kill'em all.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Here at The Hub Of The Universe, West Virginia,due to political correctness,we have a split season now.
Oct.1-Nov.19....Jan.1-March 25. Roll Eyes
In the fine print it says'nuisance crows' Confused can be killed year round.
I guess I'm stupid or something,but aren't they a nuisance anyway? Like some of those Libbys over in the Crater?

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote