Find
Notify
Tools

Lets get on TV!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
I keep seeing TV shows about people who build contraptions to launch pumkins as far as possible. Why can't we have a cat launching contest using the same machines? Shove a cat into a tube and apply 3000 PSI air and see how far he goes! We could have a grand finale where we use an oversized launcher and see how far PETA people can travel. You know they would attend the event to protest, so why not launch a few to show that we are equal opportunity launchers!

The contestants had all kinds of names painted on their launchers. I would call mine the Ultimate Pussy
Pumper.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
No need to !

Just get a pumpkin launcher , hollow out a pumpkin , insert cat , duct tape on top and launch .

Rummer has it that the blood red filled pumpkin will still fly over a 1000'.

I didn't see the launch , but the splattered pumpkin had a fur coat inside . jumping

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can I wear silk skivvies beneath the kilt? Confused

Dan

POTYHC

www.With.RedHearts

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDan:

Dan

POTYHC

www.With.RedHearts

Maybe. Boxers or briefs? derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDan:

Dan

POTYHC

www.With.RedHearts

That might explain the permanent smile on the goat.....

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Isn't the goat actually one of those Klipspronger antilopes?

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In truth I should have said 'Do I have to wear anything under my kilt.', but having lept into the chasm as it were...

The Klipspronger Clan of the McGhoatish Tribe came to a position of influence on the Scottish Coast not too many years after the passing of the great William Wallace. They were noted for several things long lost to history in the broad sweep of pub-lick education. Masters of the Pan Flute, Cheese masters beyond compare, Oral surgery(they invented braces), and last but not least, debauchery on a level noted in the Palace Records of the Ming Dynasty(right after the chapter on crat recipies). One of the lessor know facts was their proclivity for spronging(hence the clan name) into bed without notice or social foreplay, to pounce upon unsuspecting pussies without regard to race, religion, sexual preference, color or political persuasion. Therein be tails too sinful to disclose...but if you have an active imagination and a healthy appetite... It can be noted that those descendants of the Clan ususally can be found with full bellies and happy wenches by their side.

Dan

POTYHC

www.HaveSomeMadera.Madear?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
And they say real men don't wear skirts errrr... kilts.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Digital Dan,

Some of that clan must have made it to Ireland
and taught my kin how to have fun. When in
Ireland don't kiss the Blarney Stone. The locals
think it makes a good urinal. I guess that's
where the "salt of the earth" comes from. It is
just filterd Guinness.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Horsie manure! The only Scots that kept goats were the ones who had been overrun by the Icelanders too many times. If my highland ancestors had been literate(history was written by the bloody lowlanders) then the true history of Scotland would be out there in all of it's real glory! It might not have been,uh, unembellished, but it would have been glorious!!! lol derfie

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Derf is right, real highlanders dealt in cattle, and later sheep(see the highland clearances) Cattle raising, and err, rustling is a grand old tradition in the highlands, second only in popularity to bootlegging!

This has for the most part gone to the wayside since the the 45 uprising, and later the industrial revolution.

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted Hide Post
With regard to those devices using a barrel and compressd air, Some questions if you please.

When loading crats into the tube, I assume that from the muzzel they go in tail first. If true is it necessary to plug their....'aft vent' as it were, is it possible to get 'blow by' if you don't. Or do you count on a little blow by and the subsequent inflation of said crat to acheive a better gas seal? Is it a normal practice to duct tape the legs together so that upon exit of the tube they don't 'flail about' reducing BC? Do you need to add length to the tail for stability in flight, or is the standard issue crat tail sufficient? I'm sure there are other critical issues to tend to but these come to mind right off. Perhaps others will inquire............

Muffin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I stand by my story. Smiler

Muffin, the 'aft vent' remains open upon loading, most do it head first. In the event of aft loading the result is "Blow Thru", not blow by. Or is it Blow Bye? Confused BC is of secondary concern, hangtime being the essential issue. That and the terminal phase, if you get my drift. Wink Actually videos have much more impact(Gawd, I love that word!) when the crats flail about in flight, so we don't tape them up either. Welding gloves are recommended for loading, and a stout shove with the ramrod too.

Bye the Bye, did you see Special's target? Thought you might have an interest in that. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.CratsMakeExcellent.OverPowderWadsToo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HTRN:
Derf is right, real highlanders dealt in cattle, and later sheep(see the highland clearances) Cattle raising, and err, rustling is a grand old tradition in the highlands, second only in popularity to bootlegging!

This has for the most part gone to the wayside since the the 45 uprising, and later the industrial revolution.

HTRN

HTRN, our ancestors did not "rustle" cattle, that is an American tradition. Nope, our ancestors merely traded without permission! They traded cattle from one band and then that band traded with another. It all evened out in the end except for the big get togethers where the neighbours were fed their own beef, hence the term, "I got a beef with you"! Roll Eyes derf