THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Someone needs more time at the range.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone needs more time at the range.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.canada.com/globaltv/regina/news/story.html?i...495ba089caa6&k=91595

Dog, cat shot with arrows
Julie Folk
The Leader-Post
Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Regina Humane Society has experienced "a couple weeks from hell," promotions co-ordinator Gail MacMillan said Tuesday.

The latest incidents involve two cases of animal cruelty in which a dog and cat died from injuries sustained after being shot with arrows. Since the end of March, the society has also dealt with an outbreak of distemper and is investigating a third case of animal cruelty in which two cats were left to die near the city landfill.

MacMillan said a cat was found Saturday with two arrows embedded in its head and neck. On Monday, a dog was found similarly injured.

Both animals were found alive but suffering and died from their injuries.

The cat was found in White City, and the dog in the Pilot Butte area. Because of their proximity and similar circumstances, it is thought the two incidents are related. The RCMP is investigating, working with Animal Protection Services.

These incidents occurred soon after two cats were found taped in a box and abandoned at the Regina landfill on April 25.

MacMillan said it is just a coincidence there have been three major cases in the last couple of weeks, but there are constantly investigations into cases of animal cruelty. The Humane Society investigates approximately 700 cases of animal cruelty or neglect each year.

"There are many people out there who have no value for life and are causing suffering in animals," said MacMillan. "Quite obviously these are people just target-practising, but on living creatures."

MacMillan said animal cruelty investigations don't often have a lot of success, but in the cases this week, there is more to go on. The RCMP have the arrows and will be looking for fingerprints.

The RCMP is investigating these incidents as endangerment to animals cases. This could result in a summary conviction, with a maximum sentence of a $2,000 fine, six months imprisonment, or both. Another consequence could be prohibition from owning or caring for an animal.

Most sentences are a slap on the wrist, said MacMillan.

Pet owners in the White City and Pilot Butte areas need to be careful, said MacMillan, as the animals shot were domestic.

Anyone with information regarding animal cruelty should call Animal Protection Services at 777-7700.

© The Leader-Post (Regina) 2006

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Theres an idea for a backyard magic trick.

"Ladies and Gentlemen,I have two crats inside this box.I'm gonna insert six swords thru the box without harming the crats."

Ooooppps,,my bad.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
I've learned my lesson. Always wear gloves when bowhunting Garfield. Two crats in a box is nothing more than a target with sound effects.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both animals were found alive but suffering and died from their injuries.

So, what's the down side of that, again?

Confused

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wasted money trying to save them, wasted ink and paper printing the story, and wasted bandwidth. Not to mention a waste of time.

Dan

POTYHC

www.Efficiency.Expert

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
None of this would ever have happened to this poor lady if the landfill guy had been running over the taped boxed like he usually does. Some folks up there need sss refresher training befors tossing the trash.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As for the arrows, the fella must have used filed points. Someone must tell him expandables work much better...