New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st cat kill !!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I never thought that I would post here, but I killed my 1st cat tonight at the trash can, and I have to admit it, I did get some sort of preverse pleasure out of it...The little bastard was looking right at me when I put a v-max from my new 17HMR right between it's eyes, blowing his brains out of the back of his little skull like JFK.
Just wanted to share that with somebody!!!
Wolf

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1 down, tens of thousands to go,eh Wolfgar! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Did you do a close up ID of the dead critter? To be sure it was a crat, and not a giant NYC rat?

Just asking. Cannot fault a good head shot, they always work real quick.

You said it was like the JFK shot, were you on a grassy knowel??

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Just outta curiousty, where in NYC are you?

HTRN

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HA! Great job buddy! Another crat with the glassy stare.

Once upon a time the question was raised down on Lake Okeechobee, "Where do Shellcrackers go after the spawn?". A wise and observant fellow stated that they turn into armadillos, and everybody pondered why they hadn't realized that before as there is a direct correlation between the end of the spring spawn, and the uptick of 'dillo road kills.

So it is with Liberals and CATastrophic election losses. Pass the Ballistic Tips and hot sauce.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.LeeHarvey.Wolfgar

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems to me, that it would take a lot of guts/alcohol/stupidity/take-your-pick to touch off a .17 HMR in NYC. Or maybe gunshots are just part of the normal background noise there. Like here in rural SD

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hughjass, your signature overwhelms me with mirth. It works everywhere, not just in the midwest. I would not however equate the .17HMR with "Brute Force". Fact is that most folks in NY aren't used to hearing the sharp crack of a hi-velocity smallbore. It's the 9mm-.45ACP they're familiar with, and perhaps the odd shotgun blast. They are certainly not used to Trash Can Tabby control, and would be incapable of making that intuitive leap. JMO

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.AnotherGood.Crat

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Don't you know NYC has a one day hunting season?

It's called the "fourth of july"

I've killed rats in my backyard with a 12 gauge "on the right day"

In the winter, shooting CB caps out the back window is cake because everybody has their windows shut.

That said, a freind of mine just the other day saw a HERD of deer about a mile and a half from my house.

About a year ago, The Staten Island Advance ran pics of an Eight pointer scrambling across Richmond avenue.

Richmond Avenue is an eight lane road, over a hundred feet wide sidewalk to sidewalk.

Take a look at this.

HTRN

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like thye STILL don't need a deer crossing sign! TM, do they have any crat crossing signs round abouts? I'd think them a natural place to set up the panel van blind.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Ghetto.Gato

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar, good shot! I'll agree, I'm partial to headshots myself. As my dad taught me, there's no room for error on a headshot. You either kill it, or it gets away. Kudos!

Rick

Posts: 159 | Location: Watkins Glen, NY, USA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tool,
I'm in Yonkers now.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, TM, you give me hope that all is not lost down there in the urban jungle. As long as there are a few like yourself, willing to live right in the belly of the beast, there is hope for this country. (Insert a Toby Keith song here, you know which one )

Rick

Posts: 159 | Location: Watkins Glen, NY, USA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Hell no. I'm leaving as soon as it's economically viable.

Hope is lost. My brother moved to NJ and said he's never moving back. I'm going to the Poconos as soon as possible(anybody want to lend a guy $325K?)

Staten Island isn't urban, it's suburban. (no structures over 3 stories on the South shore) There's still some woodlots around virtually all owned by the city. There used to be alot of wooded areas here but the real estate boom pretty much saw the elimination of the privately owned ones. I used to play as a kid in a 10 acre lot about 6 blocks from my house, it's all houses now. That's what soaring real estate prices do.

Development is actually threatening the continued existance of my shooting club(would you believe a 200 yard rifle range in NYC?!) an Ohio developer bought the land next door and wants to put in senior housing. How long do you think we would keep the range permit with cranky old people living next door?

HTRN