New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you run out of crats.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There are other ways to keep the "girls" sharp!
They were tired of playing "ball" and Mama is waiting for hers Big Grin

Dogs have masters.....cats have "staff"..... but i aint no servant!

Posts: 203 | Location: Vancouver Island BC | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My hunting partner has a red dog-a Black-mouthed cur, that has fits anytime she gets near a coon. However, I think she must be a bit too aggressive, as one night she had already had a chew when she found out is wasn't a coon, but a porcupine!! She was a sad one while "dad" plucked about 37 spines from her jaw and face. Fortunately, none in the eyes and no permanent damage done.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lol! I think we have all been there with the quills!

Posts: 203 | Location: Vancouver Island BC | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, you guys from the mountains and "up north" may have a lot more experience with those cactus critters, but this is only the 3rd one I've encountered in S. Tx. One of them was dead, and the other was dead sooner. This one ended up in a live trap and got a free trip home.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, way too much experience...
I once spent several hours removing hundreds of tiny quills from the mouth, tongue, lips, and nose of my yellow Lab......after she got too enthused and mistook a baby porcupine in the brush for a grouse, and retreived it before i could yell! Incredible dog she was, she brought it too me and was unable to drop it, she never even whimpered, god love her!
I poured some milk down her throat laced with codeine and did the tough job CRYBABY