New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flag man
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On the way home from work, I have to pass on a 5 mile stretch of road that has been under construction for at least the last two years. It's like a WPA project gone wild. But I digress. I saw the flag man last night luring kittens onto the highway to feed them bits of sandwich. Sure enough, this morning, the hot asphalt was embedded with bits of sandwich, fur and flesh, where he was feeding them last night. Sometimes even the county workers "get it."

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are ya'll sure that wasn't "Flag-Fluff"?! derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of dedication for somebody drawing minimum wage. Good on 'im! thumb

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.CSI.TrainingGround

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan, up here in BC, Traffic Control people make from $12 to $18 per hour and with some extra percs for being a long way from home! derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
They are paving the road out in front of our factory.
The flagman on the other side of the mountain used to work here.
She is very easy on the eyes.I can see why she got on with this paving company.
Anyway,I was stopped at her spot and while I was checking out how well her jeans fit Smiler,I asked how the pay was.
She makes $14.45@hour.If she has to go out of town ,the perks get better.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now if it were only possible to lure liberals out in front of the steamroller on the hot asphalt. Cats, Liberals, Steamrollers, and the Common Man. OOHRAH! for the Flagman.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Soft speed bumps!

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
She makes $14.45@hour.If she has to go out of town ,the perks get better.

I'll just bet they do! We had Doughnut Dollies in 'Nam, some of 'em made $25-35K/year from what I heard. One of those "away from home" perks. Wink

Some of them were pretty cute too!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.RedCross.Comforts

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We once drew straws to see who would get to go home with Miss Indiana after the USO show...I lost and she wouldn't go anyway, but we did get to drool into warm Miller High Life for awhile!!

Flag men around here are all 5'3" males from Guackamale' or somewhere....that weren't qualified to drive a zero turn mower or a shovel.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote