THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Must lay down the mantle for a bit.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Must lay down the mantle for a bit.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted
Per 45LCShooters excellent instructions, I post the following.

I must lay down the mantle of Crat Watch for a few weeks. The Daughter in Law (greatest kid in the world) has so very graciously agreed to donate a kidney to my wife. The transplant will take place this Thursday morning, and will bring to an end 5 years of dialysis due to polycystic kidney disease. The oldest daughter is going to house sit, and is bringing her two pit bulls over to take up the slack in my absence, so the home place will not be totally unguarded. (What they lack in range, will be made up by fervor.)

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on a speedy recovery for your wife .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
A speedy recovery to all!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you and your wife, looking forward to your return. Wink

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suffer from a different form of kidney disease myself, so my prayers are with you all.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good wishes; all prayers are appreciated as well.

Old storm and strife has been my better half for 32+ years, hunting season would not be the same without her carrying on about how much time I spend in the woods. She has been a wonderful mother to my children, and a fine companion, even if she does keep bringing home stray crats as they learn to sleep on my truck hood, and disappear!

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you and your wife worriedman!

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
Best wishes...hope you don't mind a prayer from Alabama....

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Godspeed in the recovery,,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
All crat shooting will be put on hold out of respect for your situation. I almost lost a relative this weekend and am very aware of the emotions involved. The best to you and yours.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
My warm wishes and for a speedy recovery and all the best for both of them!

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
We are thinking of you and yours.
We'll keep the light on. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Best wishes! My wife donated to her mother about 12 years ago, both are doing very well. You will (hopefully!) be amazed at how fast your wife will start to feel better!

Speedy recovery to your wife and daughter-in-law...the surgery is actually harder on the donor than the receiver, cept for the fact that the receiver is sicker to start with...

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
May you and your family have positive outcomes in all those things. Prayers and regards to all of you.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
Wife and daughter in law are tucked in, the big day starts at 6:00 A.M. tomorrow. (Hospital hotel room has a high speed hook up, and as I knew I could not sleep a wink tonight, I brought the lap top with me.) Thanks to all for the kind words and prayers. The wife was reading over my shoulder tonight, she normally shakes her head at me cussing then alternating with guffaws as I cruse between the Ignernce
Crater and the Crat Forum. Big ol' tears welled up when she read the kind post here, I thank you all for that.

As Nashville frowns on gunfire at night, guess I will head back to the Political Forum to snipe at Don and Little Red for a while. Sure am glad this Rove thing is jumping, have not had this much fun since the elections!

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
My best wishes and prayers for both your Daughter in law and your wife! Keep us posted on how things are going.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Prayers to your wife for a safe and healthy recovery and to your family for a covering of peace.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
clapJust left the hospital, daughter in law is doing wonderful, Thank God for young ladies like her!!

The wife is experiencing some minor complications. The intubabtion tube caused some major irritation of her throat, and the Dr.'s decided to re-intubate her for the time being to preclude any serious breathing problem. They are keeping her in ICU for the next 24 hrs. as a precaution.

The new kidney is working like a charm, making an average of 600ml of urine per hour, so that part is going extremely well. They are keeping input to match output, and are changing her Foley bag a couple of times and hour at the present. thumb

Thanks again for all the support, will be back tomorrow

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
clap clap clap

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GO TEAM! beer

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Do I hear a Halleujah!

Can I get an AMEN!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
AMEN... thumb

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
AMEN!!

Latest report as of 11:00 P.M. Friday, July 15, 2005.

Wife in now on the rehab ward, (out of ICU) took a 10 minute walk, gutted it out and made the circuit. Kidney running like a CHAMP. Daughter in law had Chicken Fried Steak for dinner and came down to visit the wife under her own power from the other end of the hospital. This wonderful child is an art teacher, today she pencil sketched and painted a "I Love You With All My Kidney" sign for the wife, very special to all of us.

I am so proud of these two ladies.

The daughter in law goes home tomorrow, clap we will be here for several more days, getting the anti-rejection drugs regulated. Back with more details later, but for now, things look great!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
God is good!

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Thank God all is well.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Very good news, I am so glad! Smiler

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
Amen

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
worriedman,,,,I hope your worries are a good deal less,,,Glad to hear the good news!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
Tuesday morning, sun is shining, and our world is good!

The wife's creatnine level is .92, which is normal. New kidney is still pumping away. So much so that potassium level is way down, that and phosphorus, so they are having her come back to the hospital for IV infusions. She finished the major anti-rejections drugs last evening, now she will be on PO meds for that, so they pulled the final tube, (said she felt so much better now that she is sans her Borg paraphernalia). She gets to take a shower this morning, and that will help I am sure. Tough old girl, she has been pain med free since last night, she wants to get off of that so the GI track will begin to function right again. All in all, things are going wonderfully well.

Daughter in law went home Sunday afternoon, talked with her yesterday and she is up and running, getting ready for the new school year. She is a real trooper.

This caravan should head back west by Thursday morning barring any unforeseen problems.

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Great News,worriedman. clap

Keep us posted. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard anything for awhile, just wondering how things are going?

one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
Had the two week check up on Wednesday, all systems running top notch. No antibodies present, no signs of rejection.

Moved the son and daughter in law to St. Louis this last weekend, she starts her new job there this next Monday, (my son is starting his stint at Logan Chiropractic Institute) and is doing great as well after her surgery.

My wife's overall health has improved significantly, remarkable in fact. Her color (layman's indicator) is truly remarkable. Seven years of dialysis due to end renal failure had left her jaundiced, that has reversed. She has lost over 20 lbs. since the transplant, fluid that dialysis just could not pull off. She is back on an unrestricted diet, and can now drink all the water she wants.

I can not say enough about the good folks at Vanderbilt. Those people have their stuff together, and I have been impressed with the way they deal with questions and concerns. The head nephrologists returns calls within minutes, and they do not "talk down" to the patients. The surgical team there is top flight!

All in all, a very wonderful experience, and for the wife, a new lease on life.

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
clap
'Bout time ya let us hear something.
Good news all around. Smiler
Glad for you and yours. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news Mate God bless you & yours! In a world of negitives it's great to hear of a win for the good guys clap thumb thumb

Dave

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
thumb

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
God is awesome...

Oh, yeah, and about those crats...

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Great news! thumb thumb thumb thumb

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent new WM! Now if she starts talking about outdoor activities just hand her a scattergun and point out the nearest crat.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.AllsWellThat.EndsWell

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
You have got to love a happy ending.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now if she starts talking about outdoor activities just hand her a scattergun and point out the nearest crat.

She has her own, when we first got married low these 34 years ago, she decided it was easier to join me in the woods and fields, if she wanted to spend time with me! I bought her a Rem. Model 1100 in 20 gauge, and custom fit the stock to her petite size. Handloads of T shot make her a dangerous woman for ferals of any type. She is a better dove shot than I am too, we are very hopeful that she will be sufficiently healed for this year’s dove opener, as she has had to miss the last few years.

She also owns a Browning BAR in .243, and has her CWP, totes a nickel Ladysmith.