Find
Notify
Tools

RECYCLING
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Found a cat sized HavaHart trap at a garage sale yesterday. Took it home and test fit it inside my old propane barbeque. Instant crematorium. It is nice to be able to do the responsible thing nowadays and recycle old things that would have ended up in the dump. I just hope it gets hot enough to do the job.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck some sliced onions in with it OEH, it'll make for some pleasant aroma once the burned hair smell is gone.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.PleasantValley.Sundays

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
OEH, a former prolific poster here, name of 120mm, posted a recipe for baked clay cat, with herbs and spices. You may want to search and check it out. I'm sure the solder joints in your trap would melt in the heat of the grill, and the blackened cat feast would be ruined. Just give it a little whiff of the propane and then you can take it out of the trap for cooking.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
N S Sherlock,

I have never developed a taste for cat. My plans were to reduce the crat to ashes. I am getting lazy in my old age and get tired of digging holes for the SSS process. I guess I ought to make up a trap out of stainless that can stand the heat. Oh well, I'll get at least one use out of the old HavaHart trap.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!