Find
Notify
Tools

Substitute target
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Was out in the Crooked River National Grasslands shooting sage rats. Had the 6mmBr settled down in the bags and was carefully lining up a potential shot on a large sage rat on top of a high mound. Watching him through the 6.5x20 Leupold I was just about to squeeze the trigger when he disappeared in a blurr of black and white. Grabbed my binoculars to see what had just happened 200 yards away when I saw a stinking cat muching on my intended target. Since he was eating my target I decided that the cat would make a good substitute target. Swung the 6mmBr into positon and centered the crosshairs on his shoulder area. Didn't see any collar so he
became a qualified feral cat. Gently squeezed the 12 oz trigger and sent the 55gr Nosler
on its way. Made my day.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a good day indeed! Reminds me of a fella that was working on the 1500 yard club for VHA, and had popped a prairie dog but had seen it go in the hole. Along comes a 'yote which dug the PD out of the burrow, at which point he capped the 'yote. I guess he had to claim one or the other, IIRC it was around 1600 yards. Cool

I wonder if they would ever consider a crat division?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.LongRange.Communications

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
It is hard to get target pasters to stick to the crat fur.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now is that sagerat eating shot a 10?! Wink338vt

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Elk Hunter:

Duct tape is claimed to have a 1000 uses, here is number 1001. Silver target plasters. Big Grin

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why try the red covers the hole

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Of course they would establish a prairie cat division. They have a prairie dog division established already.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Sweet take ned,,,,them damn pasters seem to stick to everything but what they're intended for,,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote