New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Luck with Katrina!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just like to wish everyone good luck with getting thru Katrina!! I rode out Camile in '69 at Hurlbert Fld at Ft Walton Beach and helped with the clean up....GOD SPEED!!!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted Hide Post
Just a little late perhaps, but DITTO.

When it comes to staying or leaving,

If your house stays together, you didn't need to be there...

If your house comes apart, you didn't need to be there....

My perspective on this insanity comes from spending 3 hours in the north eyewall of Andrew. Not the smartest thing i've done in my life, but certainly memorable. I will not see a rerun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Watchin' the news today, Na'lins kinda reminded me of that old thing about being up creeks and paddles, etc. Muffin makes a good point about the experience of hurricane riding. You ain't gonna save anything you don't take with you...

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.GoodTime.ForMontanaVacations

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Saw the News and those people are up the creek.
TOO BAD indeed.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy shit!!...... What a mess!!

I'm available to shoot looters!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I think it's time to let "Na'lins", go back to the Gators. It does not look worth rebuilding. Anybody heard any reports on anythinng south of NO? All of the news I've seen has just been on the large cities. May be even less left down there than Biluxi.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Some co-workers in Houma (SW of N.O.) said that area fared pretty well. They can't get info to/from NO, even from that close. That only reinforces the dread to me...it's gonna continue to get worse.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with that. I suspect we are privy to one of life's pivotal moments. History's course will be affected by politicians though, a truly sad circumstance. Frowner

I'm wishing you could buy insurance contracts in 10 year increments, cause I know where the premiums are headed. Red Face

Good news though, I'm certain a lot of crats died in this debacle! thumb

Down in Miami after Andrew, three days after it happened and one of the local politicos made the most famous quote to come out of the area in decades. "Where the hell is the cavalry?" I noted some short time later that people living only a few hundred miles away were unaware what had happened, and those that knew of it were not filled with empathy. Most of America is incapable of having great concern over such events, having never been rained on before. I feel for those folks in Na'lins, but more so for Biloxi and the rest of the Mississippi coast. They don't even have a pot to piss in. Never fear though, rising fuel prices will galvanize America to new heights of indignity...watch out Saudi Arabia!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.HowHighsTheWater.Papa?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DD,

Regular went from $2.61 at 1500 to $3.09 by 1700. I went out Sunday and filled my 100 gal diesel tank and two barrels and all my little cans with gas. It was $2.55 on Sunday.

If Bush has any balls, he'll freeze pump prices at pre-Katrina levels and he'd tell the Saudi's to cut the shit and bring prices back down...but he don't have any.... anymore!!

The year of the .30-06!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It isn't really Bush or the Saudi's as much as the Oil Cartel and the World Banks. They will use any excuse to screw the public senseless Mad derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a young lass do that to me once, haven't been the same since. Cool Difference as I recall was that she kissed me first. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Corporate.Sex